Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to put my car away for the winter. I would normally put the gas stabilizer in just half tank, & start it periodically as weather permits during the winter, then top it off with fresh gas the first run in the spring.But we are experiencing some warmer than usual windows of opportunity for me to sneak a run in. & as I haven't run the car much this summer (due to heavy work load) I would like to fill her up & go. the question is is there a benefit to adding the staibl to full tank & run it then park it with what is left, Or is this detrimental to do so?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yes it's fine to run your car with Stabil. Just amake sure if you ssdd new fuel after refueling and might let it sit again to add more Stabil so it's not getting diluted.

I use Lucas with ever other fuel up. I figure it's keeps the seals from deteriorating and keeps the mechanical pump and injectors lubricated. Sake reason diesel guys like to use it.

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
As a general rule, it's a good idea to run the car for 10-15 minutes after you add the Stabil to ensure it has gotten throughout the fuel system.

You may already be doing that, I just wanted to be clear for others who may chime across the thread.

And yes, it's perfectly fine to drive with it in the tank.

Fingers crossed for an early spring for you, too. : thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts