Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the first day I got to really enjoy my new SLK with the top down all day. I drive all over with it and just loved it. On my way home, as my odometer hit 6K miles, I got an SRS warning, suggesting I take the car to the dealer. Has anyone experience this? what was the problem? Please share.

·
Registered
2005 350SLK
490 Posts
Could be a loose connector in the back of the airbag module! See what happens when you have so much fun with your car [:p]

·
Registered
2005 SLK55
45 Posts
I had the same problem. They replaced the clock spring and it went away. Yeah, what in the world is a clock spring and why is it breaking on my brand spanking new $65K car!

·
Registered
Diamond SilverSLK200
106 Posts
Had exactly the same problem too.

Apparently a sensor failed and the car was taken in for a quick replacement, except....this being Spain.... the guy who is paid to take the spare part off the shelf in Madrid succeeded in picking up a very similar part but for a different model.

One week later my very friendly and efficient dealer in Marbella replaced the correct part pronto.

Guess it's not just Spain where these things happen, but they do seem to be extraordinarily efficient at ensuring everything takes at least twice as long as necessary here. Not a problem when you're Spanish born and bred, but when you're raised on a London lifestyle of fast and furious it's not easy to adopt the "yeah, yeah, manana" attitude.

Guess I'll just have to cool out with a few more swigs of Sangria! [8D][8D][8D]

Anyway, hope you get/got your little problem sorted-out o.k. amigo!

Scott

·
Registered
SLK350
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it was the clock spring (it was not in stock so I had to wait a day for it) it is behind the steering wheel. Mercedes has the weirdest problems...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts