Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 S550
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran a diag test on my 2007 S550 and got this: B48/10 rear door pressure sensor passenger side defective. Where is this sensor and how do I remove/replace? The code was B10F6

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,216 Posts
I don't know the locations or specifically which sensor that code would indicate - but there are two items of concern in any door that involve pressure sensors: One that reverses or stops a window from rising if it is obstructed; and the other, a side impact sensor for the airbag. Both are safety related items.

Here are some ebay listings for the impact sensor, which may help you to identify it - https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...t=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=mercedes+door+sensor

The same link shows window regulators as having a sensor, but no separate listings for the regulator sensor itself. I suspect that sensor would be quite close to the lift motor.

This should help with removal of the rear door panel:

·
Registered
2007 S550
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! Got the door off, on my 2007 s550 there are only 2 screws either dude under the armrest on the rear right door. I didn’t take off the grill cover as shown on the video. Watch those panel pin clips. I broke 1. They are brittle. I did have trouble trying to unplug the tweeter wire from the panel, do I left it on and wired the panel out of the way to keep that wire unstressed. The door crash sensor is what is was replacing. Be prepared it’s riveted in. Had to drill the rivet top off, easy to do and pop the new on on what was left of the rivet stud. Added a bit of job weld to keep it in place, reset the srs error and bingo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.