Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2000 MB E320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My W210 has a SRS light on. Can someone recommend a reasonably priced scan tool capable of reading the code. Is it just the 38 pin adapter I need to use my current scan tools or do I need a specific scanner with the 38 pin connector?

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
6,719 Posts
You need to use scanners that can read the codes from the MB individual modules like the "Restraints" module (airbags, seatbelt and seat sensors) together with the scanner's "own" 38 pin adapter cable.

Please specify the model and model year of your car, and also the scanners that you have.

·
2,906 Posts
My W210 has a SRS light on. Can someone recommend a reasonably priced scan tool capable of reading the code. Is it just the 38 pin adapter I need to use my current scan tools or do I need a specific scanner with the 38 pin connector?
Update yor user cp info.
click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
add your make model YEAR ----> click save

Cannot recommend any specific scanner unless we know what you specifically drive.
Not all scanners are created equal.

·
Registered
2000 MB E320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update yor user cp info.
click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
add your make model YEAR ----> click save

Cannot recommend any specific scanner unless we know what you specifically drive.
Not all scanners are created equal.

·
Registered
2000 MB E320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vehicle data updated.
2000 E320 Sedan.
My scan tools are very basic. They are an Actron CP9550 and an ANCEL VD700. I do not own an OBDII to 38 pin adapter.

·
Registered
2002 E320
45 Posts
Thanks for posting this. The FT520 looks like the best available choice for maintaining a W210 or M163. Just added one to my shopping basket on ebay.

·
Registered
118 Posts
wait till you see how many OTHER module codes will come up with that bad boy.

can confirm that with the nt520 it will tell you the code. learning to use it takes a while, plan an hour. takes about 30 minutes to scan the car if I remember right.

·
Registered
2000 MB E320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Purchased a NT 530 including the 38 pin adapter on ebay. Found quite a few fault codes but no SRS or airbags faults stored. Had no CEL on so cleared all codes. Now zero fault codes stored including SRS and airbag modules. Still have the SRS light on after system self test and engine start. I should explain I recently inherited this car and it was parked for a year and the battery had 3.0 volts prior to my replacing it. It had a slew of electrical issues which I have corrected other than the current SRS ight that will prevent it from passing state inspection.

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Does the SRS light eventually go off after the engine started and running ?
Does the SRS light go off after sometime when the key is in pos 2 and engine not started ?
Low battery levels can cause the SRS light to stay on. make sure that the battery is fully charged and holds charge, and the charging system works as it should.

·
Registered
2000 MB E320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Both charging and battery voltages are correct. The light goes off for a second or two after start then comes back on and stays on. Light does not go off with key in pos#2 and engine not running.

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
OK, have you tried clearing the codes in the SRS module N2/7 EVEN there is no code ?

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Maybe you could create a fault and then try to clear. See attached, first item, then follow 23-, item 2.0, 2.1. You should have had a B1476.
STAR TekInfo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts