Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i bought a w210 e320 v6 1997 with a filthy cloth interior, i bought a whole leather interior in better colour and changed the whole lot, seatbelts, steering wheel, dash, seats, carpets, and all. carefully checking all connections as i went. I'm sure i had no SRS light before the swap, but I have it now. i have used a ebay/chinese type 'service light/SRS light reset tool', and have certainly improved it somewhat, what i have left after checking all airbag connections, ie underseat, doors, dash, steering wheel, b pillars etc. is this.
turn on ign.
SRS light comes on, 2 seconds later goes off, two seconds later comes on, remains on.
when replugging the reset tool,(came to me with no instructions) i plug it in, i get the red light on tool and two green flashes. i hold the reset button, and it blinks. i release and get the following 'codes' :
4 red pulses and a steady red, it then repeats the same once more and then blinks continuously.
I'm guessing that there is some sort of code being flashed to me, ie 4 flashes, twice. Before i throw it to a local indie to reset. i just wondered if there is someway of attending the fault i have remaining, or hopefully just having it reset. -poxy electrics! its a shame to spend more time fixing a light than changing the whole interior! i will use a meter to chech the seat sensors are not open cct ie test into the seat.

·
Registered
2000 W210 E55 AMG, Silver/Black - Stock
611 Posts
Generally code readers can not reset SRS system codes. I am not even sure they can read them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
code readers

yes, I understand what you are saying, however the reset tool i'm using, though basic, it is specific for purpose, ( ebay item 270661887370 ) i get these four flashes, they are telling me something. i just wondered if anyone who uses a more sophisticated kind of tool, gets these flashes, like on US spec BMW's to determine OBD codes. though i know these are not OBD.
It's got to mean something to someone! _if i have to find an independant workshop to get it diagnosed, i might find that he uses the flashes to read the SRS code himself. to do this i need to 'put the car on the road' i just want to sell it on fairly soon without all that expense! i could get a guy round, -just as prohibitive!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts