Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SRS light came on randomly one day and I'm not sure why. I read online that the most common issue is a bad battery so I bought another one. I read in the same article that you need a code reader to clear the code for good, so I did that, but the light came back. My code looks like this on the reader. The number in the top right read 91 03. I looked up the number, assuming it was a fault code, but I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know what the problem is? I drive a 2005 C230 Kompressor Sedan.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
20,261 Posts
This is either a bad airbag squib (which means replacing the entire airbag) or it's a wiring issue. It could be a weak connection at the airbag, or a problem with the clockspring mechanism.

·
Registered
2003 C320 coupe, 2000 ML320
1,013 Posts
The flat ribbon clockspring cables like to crack at the connectors.. This is not fool-proof, but if you turn the wheel hard over to one side.. Clear codes, then turn slowly back to the over side, just a little bit at a time.. until it throws the code again... repeat.. repeat.. If it seems to be setting off the code in the same place... good chance the clockspring cable is cracked.. Also, loss of horn and/or radio controls is another sign of a bad clockspring....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts