Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SRS (Restraint System)light came on yesterday. I guess I have to take it in to the shop. Anybody had this problem?

·
Registered
2005 SLK 55 AMG
372 Posts
Mine is on as I type. I have 7300 miles and I think I'll hold out to the 10,000 mile service.

Also, the small window on the driver's side doesn't go all the way up and I can hear wind noise. I have to pull the window up the last couple of millimeters.

·
Registered
SL55 AMG/SLK 350
211 Posts
After 14000 miles mine went on Monday. Took it in on the Tuesday to have fixed. Clock spring behind the drivers' steering wheel airbag - I must find out what a clock spring is.

It's now Thursday and guess what... Yup, shoddy workmanship and the SRS light is back on. Just waiting for them to open so I can call and have a few strong words.

What's worse is that I have recently moved and this is a new dealership I am trying. I couldn't fault my last dealership but they are simply too far to get to now. Although it was tiny (about 10 people) they knew what customer service was about. This new dealership is extremely large and quite the opposite with regards to customer service. You wouldn't believe the hassle I had trying to get them to see the car as soon as possible.

What makes it worse is that the job took under an hour to complete but I lost the car for the whole day. I guess the same thing is about to happen all over again [xx(]

·
Registered
SLK350
108 Posts
be careful, some dealers think they can clear the code and aren't changing anything. My dealer took 2 days to fix it. They tried to clear the code, tested it and it came back on, they then proceeded to order the part (not usually in stock) and replaced it the next morning.

Love my dealer, they just take care of it, no fuss, no muss.

·
Registered
SLK350
20 Posts
I had this problem too, and they originally replaced the clock spring, but the problem came back. Second time they replaced some controller and everything seems to be good now.

·
Registered
SL55 AMG/SLK 350
211 Posts
tullios - 5/12/2005 11:56 AM

be careful, some dealers think they can clear the code and aren't changing anything. My dealer took 2 days to fix it. They tried to clear the code, tested it and it came back on, they then proceeded to order the part (not usually in stock) and replaced it the next morning.

Love my dealer, they just take care of it, no fuss, no muss.
Ha ha, how I laughed (in a slightly mad kind of way) as this is exactly what they did the first time. So, my car was with them for 1 day, yet it took them 30 secs ro clear the code. I thought it odd how they went quiet when I mentioned the clock spring.

Took it back into them this morning and they have now admitted that the clock spring does, in fact, need replacing - just what I told them the first time.

Part now ordered and will be replaced next week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts