Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
CLS350 C219 2006
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

After clearing what appeared to be random codes frequently I removed and re-inserted all ECU modules twice. (disconnected ground/minus form battery each time)
This got rid of most errors. I suspect that the modules where a bit loose and/or the contacts corroded over time.

However a still have a few codes left, the key ones are:

7 EA/CC/ISC 3 EA/CC/ISC actuator (M16/1)
7 EA/CC/ISC 6 Starter lock-out/backup lamp switch (S16/3)

Note when connecting DTC reader to pin 30 to read error codes, the Red Light was On already, not off as with all the other modules.
Note the SRS light on the instrument cluster comes on intermittently, need to turn of engine and restart to clear usually.

30 SRS 9 SRS warning lamp (A1e15) or insufficient time to read out the DTC memory or erase DTCs

Any ideas from the experts :bowdown:?

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
30 SRS 9 SRS warning lamp (A1e15) or insufficient time to read out the DTC memory or erase DTCs

It would appear that your instrument cluster has a problem, If my memory serves me correct A1e15 is the SRS warning lamp itself. Pull the cluster out and check all the connections to it.

·
Registered
CLS350 C219 2006
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

It would appear that your instrument cluster has a problem, If my memory serves me correct A1e15 is the SRS warning lamp itself. Pull the cluster out and check all the connections to it.
Hi,

thanks for you adise, will have a look at that.
I am still concerned about :
When connecting DTC reader to pin 30 to read error codes, the Red Light was On already, not off as with all the other modules.

Somehow I suspect, there might be a root cause, but can only guess at the moment.

Thanks again, keep them coming :):bowdown:

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Hi,

thanks for you adise, will have a look at that.
I am still concerned about :
When connecting DTC reader to pin 30 to read error codes, the Red Light was On already, not off as with all the other modules.

Somehow I suspect, there might be a root cause, but can only guess at the moment.

Thanks again, keep them coming :):bowdown:
Do you know anyone local with HHT or DAS? This equipment would give you a bigger picture of what is happening.

·
Registered
CLS350 C219 2006
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know anyone local with HHT or DAS? This equipment would give you a bigger picture of what is happening.
Hi Eric,

Thanks you for the tip. Might have to see the local Indi. had mixed experiences with them, so I try analyse myself.
But thanks to your to your tip I can now at least ask the Indi specifically if he has the right equipment.

Thanks again.

Only other option I can see is find the SRS controller and check for obvious connection problems.

Anyone ever encountered where the LED on the DTC reader is on when starting the readout?

·
Registered
W140 Mercedes 500 SE, 1992, European, 410.000 km
3,608 Posts
Anyone ever encountered where the LED on the DTC reader is on when starting the readout?
You have in mind a home made error reader (from Jim's page)? If yes, then my answer is positive. i do not remember now for which modules the led was on at the start of the test, but it definitely was. And after some time (let's say 2 months) when I performed the test again on the same module, the situation was normal.

·
Registered
CLS350 C219 2006
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have in mind a home made error reader (from Jim's page)? If yes, then my answer is positive. i do not remember now for which modules the led was on at the start of the test, but it definitely was. And after some time (let's say 2 months) when I performed the test again on the same module, the situation was normal.
Hi,

Great, exactly what I did. Build my own reader, works like a charm.
As mentioned when I plug it into the other pins on the 38 Pin Connector (X11/4) it is off to start with.
With pin 30 (SRS) it is on, and when blinking it actually just dimms down.
As if polarity is revere. After reading the error code (only code 9 ), it seems off or dimmed.
Love to get to the bottom of this before I go to the Indi to get it fixed, but than again the Airbags explosives demand some respect :).

The actual SRS warning light comes on Sometimes, especially after harsh manouvers, think must be something loose.

Cheers

·
Registered
W140 Mercedes 500 SE, 1992, European, 410.000 km
3,608 Posts
The actual SRS warning light comes on Sometimes, especially after harsh manouvers, think must be something loose.
I read something about lateral movement sensors (or something like that) in our cars. So i can imagine that this sensor is a sort of accelerometer. Have no idea where it is located. But i can imagine that if its wire harness or sensor itself is damaged, then surely the SRS light will go on because it reacts on all abnormalities. This sounds logical because you report that it happens at the strong manouvers where most probably lateral movements (accelerations) of the car occur.

·
Premium Member
'99 S320,2000 CLK320,95 E320, 420SEL '87, 300E 86,
8 Posts
SRS light on!!

does any body have pictures on how to get to the SRS sensor in the passanger seat??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts