Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300CE-24, 2000 ML55, 2005 CLK320 Cabriolet
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago, had the SRS light on and went to a mechanic and he cleared this light. It came back yesterday. The car was not driven for like 3 weeks. I will hook up my scanner which I quite don't know how to use yet as it is the XENTRY and DAS software on a IBM laptop.
Anything that is typical with this model that would cause SRS to come on?
I have 35K miles and is always garaged. I bought from a suregon in the army who also kept it garaged.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,441 Posts
A common problem is that the wiring harness that runs through the front seats for the side airbags is very tight and it comes unplugged or break. Check the error with SDS and if it gives you something like "high resistance sidebag squibb" then that's it. BTW, very careful with SDS - DO NOT run any of the airbag tests - if you haven't properly disconnected the airbags and replaced them with special test sensor, you WILL cause them to fire! I don't want to scare you - just reading and resetting errors is easy and benign, but those dangerous tests do give you warnings, so don't ignore them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts