Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a SRS light is on when my son open the passenger door, and then may be after a minute it goes away. It seems that the SRS light is repeating more often now, and would like to get some advice what to do or how to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1995 E320 (totalled) 91 420SEL W126 (retired) 2002 S500 W220(retired); 2008 C300 Sport W204
662 Posts
The SRS warning can be fixed by spraying Electronics parts cleaner into the front passenger seat belt buckles slots. There are sensors inside the buckles that get dirty over time and this should fix that as well. The SRS light should come on for a few seconds when you start the car, then it should go out. You can buy the cleaner at Radio shack. It comes with a straw to use with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Srs

I tried the electronics parts sprayer and it didn't work for me either. I called my dealer and they said they were booked the next two weeks. I thought the SRS was important and they would take me in quickly? I guess I was wrong.

·
Registered
373 Posts
If you look at the edge of the door lock, there is a phillips screw holding a plastic panel. If that is not covered, the SRS light will appear. Make sure its sealed properly as that may trigger the SRS light. It will go away if its covered properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts