Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz C240
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car:2001 C240

Fuse Box: 1 inside the car, next to the Driver's door.

Hi Friends,
The other day i was checking my fuses to see which one went bad when i put in my radio. I removed one by one until i found the bad one. But now my SRS light came on and will not go off.
I guess removing the fuse and put it back has brake the circuit with the battery. So the SRS needs Reset. There is no possibility of any sensor problem bcous the SRS light came out right after the fuse was removed and installed back. I don't even have any idea which fuse is for SRS.

I went to a MB dealer in Toronto and they are charging $120 just to see the problem + more for fixing the problem.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2002 C230 Kompressor Coupe
178 Posts
if you want i live in markham , kome by some day and i can uze my carsoft multiplexer to errase the error and tell you what is the problem and also tf you nead a part i can diagnose your car and check in my WIS and EPC about the part you nead and how to change it by your self no nead to pay to the dealership for 15 min scan cause thats what they do.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz C240
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you want i live in markham , kome by some day and i can uze my carsoft multiplexer to errase the error and tell you what is the problem and also tf you nead a part i can diagnose your car and check in my WIS and EPC about the part you nead and how to change it by your self no nead to pay to the dealership for 15 min scan cause thats what they do.
Hey Thanx fo ur reply. relli appriciated!

Actually I ordered my Carsoft multiplexer last week on ebay and it shd be with me soon. I will try to erase the code and see if it works....if not i will let you know.

Anothr thing, Ma car needs a TUNE-UP. any suggestions fo mechanic or shd I go the dealership in Markham (on kennedy road...thts the nearest to ma house) fo tht.
and yeh i live on Markham and Ellesmere.

Thanx again! :bowdown::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 C230 Kompressor Coupe
178 Posts
well i live on markham and 16th ave, well for the tune up depends what you nead it wont be cheep, i dead ti all my self cause the guys at the dealership are not so in in some stuff and wont give my car the same care i will so i can tell you what i changed and how much it coast me. also i am doing convertion to Comand navigation and Bi xenon, on myne also will get suspencion changed soon with D2 coilovers and engine rebild cause next sumer i am going Turbo + Supercharger, want to get that 400 hp border. so yeah if you nead help or advize let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello! I have a 2001 C-320 and the SRS light came on and wont go off! I have tried disconnecting the battery cable and the light is still on. Can anyone advise me on this. The dealer wants 120 dollars to just plug it into a diagnostic machine. Thanks

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
24,974 Posts
It requires an OBDII diagnostic tool to reset the SRS light, no matter the reason for it being triggered. For $120 (or maybe less) you can buy a bootleg version of Carsoft that will do the trick. Unless, of course, you have a serious problem and part of the SRS system is faulty.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
24,974 Posts
Turning the steering wheel fully left and right doesn't reset SRS - it re calibrates the steering angle sensor. If you disconnect the vehicle battery, you will need to do this if the ESP error light is illuminated. Start the engine and then run the steering through its full left and right range. That will extinguish the ESP light.

Unfortunately, if an SRS error is triggered, it can only be reset with appropriate diagnostic tools. Carsoft will do it as will Mercedes-Benz SDS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.