Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks! I just got Carsoft setup to work on clearing some issues including the SRS light. Surprisingly, the pass seat sensor wasn't the issue! It says my left side airbag sensor is defective. Is this distinct from the airbag itself? Located inside the left front door? Not talking about steering wheel, is it?

I'm digging around in the EPC and don't see a separate sensor right off hand in the door.

Are there any known issues with the sensor other than it being defective? I guess I should make sure it isn't disconnected once I locate it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.... can anyone provide any insight about if this is part of the airbag itself or if there is a separate sensor somewhere?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, making some progress in locating this. An eBay auction lists the part as "This sensor is located on the left and right side, under the carpet, under driver and passenger seat, mounted on to the floor frame railing"

According to EPC, this is apparently a part that needs to be coded to your car using SDS computer at the dealer (or hopefully carsoft or something else if I need to replace it). The part numbers I'm looking at in the EPC have the notation that it is for cars with door airbags but without WINDOW airbag option. Of course, there is most likely a similar part for later cars with that option.

Going to check the module in my car to make sure it is at least connected. I just swapped the carpet in my car so maybe I inadvertently disconnected it in the process.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Geez... the scalpers on eBay in the US are asking $100 to $300 for this part, but all that international listings are only asking $20!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts