Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SRS light has been on a couple of weeks. Checked fuses everything OK. thought it may be the clock spring. Just happened to look under the driver seat and noticed the (i think) the seat belt switch. One of the two brown wires has been cut (wife constantly adjust the seat). Question: has anyone resoldered this connection. Is there a trick on open up the plastic connector. Pics would be great. If not, a pencil or crayon drawing will due.......thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had a broken seat belt wire on me pass side. Super easy to do. I'm not sure what plastic cover you are talking about but I unbolted the seat from the floor. Flipped the seat out on its side (can't take it too far because the belt is still attached to the seat). Turn it over, solder the wires. I also put a split loom over the wire to protect it and tied it all up.

Tested it with my Star tool and everything checks out. Its just a signal that is sent to the control module that tells it when the seat belt is buckled up or open. With it cut, it can't tell either way and thats what throws the fault.

So far so good and no need to get a new seat belt receiver lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts