Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 E320 Sedan / 1994 E320 Coupe
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a 2000 C280 I recently picked up. Issue is that the SRS light comes on, goes off and comes on again and stays on. The weird thing is that this happens when I turn the key to position 1 (accessory position) and also in position 2/when I start the engine. Scanned for codes at the 38-pin socket under the hood, found a bunch of codes due to recent battery exchange, but no airbag code (I reset all codes found, re-scanned and no codes were present anymore, but still the same issue with the SRS light).
I am baffled why the SRS light on the instrument cluster would come on in the accessory position?!
The indicator light for passenger side airbag on the shifter console comes on briefly in key position 2 and goes off again with nobody sitting in that seat.
All fuses are good.
Does anyone have an idea about this issue?
Thanks.

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
1,650 Posts
I am working on a 2000 C280 I recently picked up. Issue is that the SRS light comes on, goes off and comes on again and stays on. The weird thing is that this happens when I turn the key to position 1 (accessory position) and also in position 2/when I start the engine. Scanned for codes at the 38-pin socket under the hood, found a bunch of codes due to recent battery exchange, but no airbag code (I reset all codes found, re-scanned and no codes were present anymore, but still the same issue with the SRS light).
I am baffled why the SRS light on the instrument cluster would come on in the accessory position?!
The indicator light for passenger side airbag on the shifter console comes on briefly in key position 2 and goes off again with nobody sitting in that seat.
All fuses are good.
Does anyone have an idea about this issue?
Thanks.
Possibly this - https://www.benzworld.org/threads/srs-light-always-on-possibly-pass-seat-sensor.1528208/

·
Registered
1995 C220
2,756 Posts
If you have an airbag light on, it has set a code somewhere, you just may not be able to pull it from the 38 pin connector. Go by a parts store and have them scan at the OBD 2 port under the dash. You will probably find the codes there. I know that on my car, I have had to change both front seat belt buckles over the years due to an intermittent airbag light. Could be the passenger seat bladder like the above poster said also, but this is one area where you do not want to just change parts and hope it fixes it, because it can get real expensive real quick. Post the codes if you can get them read and let me know what you find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts