Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Sl 320 1995 silver
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i push the brake pedal i can hear a fastidious noise from it like a squeaking squirrel, i tried putting my head under the wheel column and spraying with sylicon oil everything but nothing changes,
i can't exactly understand where the noise comes from...

·
Banned
Y2K SL500 Silver
8,660 Posts
when i push the brake pedal i can hear a fastidious noise from it like a squeaking squirrel, i tried putting my head under the wheel column and spraying with sylicon oil everything but nothing changes,
i can't exactly understand where the noise comes from...
Maybe you have one of these Sneezy Mouses that is allergic to the silicon spray.

Attachments

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts

·
Registered
Sl 320 1995 silver
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:)

i don't know if the noise comes from the pedal's leverage or from the pump under the hood...

·
Registered
1997 SL500, 1948 Rover 75 P3, 1984 Citroen 2CV, 1953 BSA Bantam D1, 1966 Velosolex Moped
1,141 Posts
:)

i don't know if the noise comes from the pedal's leverage or from the pump under the hood...
Hi fernandel,
Trying to trace a noise is difficult in reality, but pretty much impossible over the Internet. I can only suggest 2 things - 1) you need a (very close ;)) friend to crawl into the footwell while you operate the brake pedal.

2) One very old trick is to use a long insulated screwdriver or similar and put it against your ear. If you touch the other end to various components like the master cylinder (keep clear of electrics!) while the brake pedal is being operated, it acts like a doctors stethoscope and you may be able to isolate the exact source of the noise.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but it's worth a try.

Regards
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts