Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what i believe is my wheel bearing... i think is squealing. want to get your opinion though. My brakes are defently bad and need to be replaced. possiably to the point of no brake pad at all. while i believe at all driving speeds i hear a squeal. slowing down it comes to more of a brushing sound (like im braking with bad breaks, but not applying pressure to the brakes). I'm just not hoping its not my axle again. Oh yeah while squealing at higher speeds the squealing gets lighter, and when i apply my brake the squealing disappears.

Let me know; Thanks

·
Registered
-88 250D, -93 280TE-24 Sportline and -00 E270T CDI
898 Posts
If the whole wheel(s) gets hot you have badly stuck pistons in your calliper(s)
You can help freeing them by using a syringe and put brake fluid in under the dust protecting rubber gaskets on each piston :)
Could allso just be your brake pads that squeals = renew them

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, ill probably pick that up at autozone whenever i get the chance to do it. i picked up my brakes and rotors from germanstar.com hopefully theyll be good. What cleaner should use?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i dont know who i talked to, but the conversation is over and im sure the order is on its way seeing he said it would be here by thursday. So the cleaner will be recieved from autozone. not those punk kids at pepboys!

·
Registered
918 Posts
thanks, ill probably pick that up at autozone whenever i get the chance to do it. i picked up my brakes and rotors from germanstar.com hopefully theyll be good. What cleaner should use?
Dampen a rag with gasoline, it works great and it will evaporate quickly.

·
Registered
1984 300D (311,500 miles)
42 Posts
is the car from Dahlonega, Georgia? and did Ned Beatty ever own the car? lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts