Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm grateful to this forum for helping me diagnose and replace the crank position sensor. This is a great place.

Right now, my 2001 E320 Wagon with 60K miles has developed some squealing from the pullies from the front of the engine. It seems to disappear after fifteen minutes of driving.

I'm going to take it into the dealer for inspection but I'm anticipating a little bit of a battle because I'm sure it won't squeal when I'm there.

The pullies look like they might ever so slightly be wobbling but not of any significance. The belts are running straight and true and there's no rubbing.

Does this seem like a portent that the pullies and their bearing are going to explode and is it something idiosyncratic and maybe just needs some lubrication?

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Why go to the dealer? Do you have an extended warranty?

If you do then just have them keep it overnight.

The tensioner and idler pulleys are both (sort of) known troublemakers. And yes, if you ignore them they will let go and strand you. If you don't have a warranty order the parts from autohausaz.com and they are easily changed.

FWIW you'll find lots more useful information for your V6 if you look in the regular W210 forum, this AMG one is a bit more specialized. ;)

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, Greg.

Yes, after posting I realized I'm in the wrong forum and requested the Mod to change me over.

Yes, I do have an extended warranty and it's up in March so I'm getting all I can out of it.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Squealing from pullies upon start, then stops after running
I'm grateful to this forum for helping me diagnose and replace the crank position sensor. This is a great place.

Right now, my 2001 E320 Wagon with 60K miles has developed some squealing from the pullies from the front of the engine. It seems to disappear after fifteen minutes of driving.

I'm going to take it into the dealer for inspection but I'm anticipating a little bit of a battle because I'm sure it won't squeal when I'm there.

The pullies look like they might ever so slightly be wobbling but not of any significance. The belts are running straight and true and there's no rubbing.

Does this seem like a portent that the pullies and their bearing are going to explode and is it something idiosyncratic and maybe just needs some lubrication?

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Erroneous post in AMG 210 forum answered...

Congrats on the CPS too, Darren.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts