Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E320 Sedan Base
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my stacked lug nuts in my passenger side wheel remove by a mechanic by cutting, torching, and anything in between . I was not there when he did it so I don't exactly know what he did to remove the light nuts. Anyway after picking up the car, it drove well without any problem . Later this afternoon I took the car to pepboys for tire rotation and after the rotation, I notice there is a squeaky noise coming from the front passenger side of the car whenever I drive over potholes or train tracks.

I am able to reproduced the noise by pushing down on the passenger side fender of the car.

Thanks .

·
Registered
2000 E320 Sedan Base
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went to pepboys today and was told the body that holds the spring above is broken and needs to be welded . I was told it was the result of severe impacts. I believe it's due caused by the mechanic due to severe hitting on the wheel.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
If you are referring to the spring perch, that is a fairly common W210 issue. If you have all afternoon to read threads, try a search for that term.

·
Registered
2000 E320 Sedan Base
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are referring to the spring perch, that is a fairly common W210 issue. If you have all afternoon to read threads, try a search for that term.
That's exactly the issue. In fact the spring itself is even bent now. According to others who have had this problem , MBA dealers were able to fork the cost in repairs of this problem while others were unsuccessful in doing so. I planned on talking to the dealer on Monday regarding this issues . Is there any pointers I must use to convince them to fork the cost of repairing this?

Also, I have heard others were able to buy the perch and do the welding themselves at a professional welding facilities. How successful is that approach ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts