Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brakes are very squeaky at bumper to bumper traffic conditions any fix for this? all pads rotors are new already.

I saw on some sites that they sell anti-rattle springs (are this the fix) but they only sell for the rears. does the front have this also?

I also notice that front driver side brake would engage on a bit of delay i think coz I can almost feel that the calipers would wabble a little when i applied brakes at very low speed. I had a new repair kit for all caliper already but makes no difference but the problem is intermittent and only at very low speeds like 5kph.

·
Premium Member
1987 560SEC, 1987 UNIMOG U1700L
326 Posts
Ok, with the squeaky brakes was MB Anti Squeal Paste applied to the backs of the brake pads when they were replaced? if not that is your most likely reason for squeak. When i did my rears I just used regular anti seize and they squealed like crazy. I got the MB Paste as recommended on this board, pulled pads out, cleaned old stuff on and applied anti squeal paste, problem solved.

This wobble you mention is it like a shake in the steering when you apply the brakes while going in a straight line? if it is a shake in the steering while braking in a straight line i would suspect warped discs.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BenzQC said:
Ok, with the squeaky brakes was MB Anti Squeal Paste applied to the backs of the brake pads when they were replaced? if not that is your most likely reason for squeak. When i did my rears I just used regular anti seize and they squealed like crazy. I got the MB Paste as recommended on this board, pulled pads out, cleaned old stuff on and applied anti squeal paste, problem solved.

This wobble you mention is it like a shake in the steering when you apply the brakes while going in a straight line? if it is a shake in the steering while braking in a straight line i would suspect warped discs.
I don't think they apply any anti squeal paste. I'll get the original one and apply them myself just to make sure.

The wobble is not a shake on the steering wheel but I can hear the pads engaging unlike the other 3 wheels I don't hear them at all. I have new discs so I think warped disc should be ruled out.

·
Registered
1982 280 se aut. ecc. - sold
1,607 Posts
:eek: sigh sigh sigh,

Did you get that flush already?
Don't you think your brakeproblems might be related.
If memory serves me well I already suggested a sticky caliper in your other thread.

J

·
Registered
1985, 500SEL
8 Posts
I have the same exact problem in my car except front passenger brake makes noise at slow speeds. It sounds like something is loose. Hit the brake-noise, let go of the brake-thud. I couldn't figure it out, then again I'm no car guru either.

·
Registered
1990 Mecedes-Benz 420SEL
1,217 Posts
a3jeroen said:

If memory serves me well I already suggested a sticky caliper in your other thread.

J

Give up, a3. Just don't let him follow you...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a3jeroen said:

J
Flush is currently underway and use DOT 4 to replace DOT3

Having all my brakes clean again today and will apply the anti-squeak paste.

But if 1 caliper is at fault it won't freeze all the brake system right??

·
Registered
1982 280 se aut. ecc. - sold
1,607 Posts
yup Dave I give up.
Thank God it's another continent:mad:

Oh and Dave, Trying to be as "civilized"as I can!

gr J

1 - 9 of 9 Posts