Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Earlier this month I purchased a CPO 2007 CLK350 coupe (14K miles). Gem of a car, but this week it developed a noticable squeal when idling, which gets quite loud upon acceleration. Spent some time under the hood, and determined it's one of the serpentine belt pulleys...can't pinpoint which one. I don't want to mask the problem by spraying lubricant over the belt and pulleys, as I plan to call the service dept.

Curious if anyone else has experienced this problem with this model??

thx

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts
I have the squeaking noise when the engine is cold the first 5-10 minutes only... let me know what the dealer does to fix your car, please!

:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Squeaky pulley Root Cause ----

Brought car to MB...technician performed "DTB S-B-83 55/87f March 2009" which must be some sort of service bulletin remediation. In short, they removed & replaced the Air Conditioning V-belt clutch kit and replaced the engine belt.

Problem solved...excellent service, covered under warranty... and this customer is happy !

·
Registered
2008 clk 350
12 Posts
I have the squeaking noise when the engine is cold the first 5-10 minutes only... let me know what the dealer does to fix your car, please!

:)
Hi,

Just wonder whether you have got an answer to your car's squeaking noise? My newly purchased 2008 clk350 (30k miles) does the same. The V belt is pretty much new. I forgot to ask the previous owner for the reason why it was replaced.

Happy New Year,
Paul

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Paul,

As stated in my 11-02-2010 response above, the dealer replaced the squeaky belt and belt clutch, which was all done under warranty. They gave no reason as to the actual cause, but there was a "Detail Technical Bulletin" (DTB) on the issue, so they knew it was a recurring problem for the model.

I still own the car, but don't drive it too often... it's a 2007 and now only has 30K miles. I'm more concerned about the potential balance shaft problem which plagues the 2006-2008 models. (Haven't had it yet, knock on wood!) My only other problem with the car was that the CPS (Crankshaft Position Sensor) failed at 17K miles, when I was on vacation... luckily I found a M-B dealer in the area who replaced it under warranty. Otherwise, considering I purchased it as a Certified Pre-Owned, it's a good vehicle.

Regards and all the best in the New Year!
B.

·
Registered
2008 clk 350
12 Posts
Thank you, Bambu.

My car is 2008 clk350 with about 31k miles now. I have owned it only 3 weeks and it is my first MB car. It was a kind of impulsive purchase (I didn't follow used car buying procedures :)). So I don't know much about the car's service history. So far I have found some issues like squeaking noise we are talking about here. They seem not to be major ones(cross my fingers).

Luckily, my car engine number seems to be beyond the range of engines with potential balance shaft issue. Based on what I read, only very few engines had balance shaft problem eventually. Hope yours is a good one.

Cheers,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts