Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 s500 4matic
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 03 S500 4 matic in the shop and they cant figure out the problem. I have squeaking noise coming when the car is warmed up and I hit the brakes at very low speed, from what I thought was the brake area in the front of my car. Took it to the dealer they originally thought it was the ball joints or the brakes and they are now saying its niether of those problems and they are having trouble diagnosing the problem. Anyone have an idea of what it could be??

·
Registered
2003 s500 4matic
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any opinion would be very helpful still have the problem but now its a high pitched scretching noise after about 10 minutes of driving even if I dont apply the brakes . Its a 03 s500

·
Registered
2000 S 500 2002 E320 1991 300E
107 Posts
BBALLER14 said:
any opinion would be very helpful still have the problem but now its a high pitched scretching noise after about 10 minutes of driving even if I dont apply the brakes . Its a 03 s500
BBALLER, Do you hear any squeaking noise when you turn the steering left or right ? I had squeaking problem on my S500 after the dealer replaced the control arms and ball joints, took it back they did not find the noise, I was sure one of the ball joints was making the squeak, cause every time when i spray WD-40 on the ball joint the noise gos away for few days. they replaced the ball joint again , no more noises.

·
Registered
2003 s500 4matic
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok heres the latest news , I got tired of the mercedes stealerships and took it to my independent shop. They did a 15 minute test drive and put it on a lift after and found the problem, its the front caliper its locked and wont let the wheel spin freely in affect its heating up alot and causing a piece of metal to slight bend and cause some rubbing which is making the squeaking noise. So now I have to wait until monday to get the caliper replaced. They also advised me that before I purchased the car someone changed all the brake pads and not the rotors so now I have some additional squeaking because of that?Could this cause additional squeaking any help on this one would help me know if i need to replace the brakes or is it not necessary?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts