Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 S350, 2009 CLK550
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 2006 S350 is parked inside our garage overnight and when I start it up in the morning, I hear rythmic squeaking noise (like a tight belt) during the morning idle. I had contacted the service manager and had taken the car over to the dealer (car is under extended warranty) and they are saying there is nothing wrong with the car. The thing is it does not make any sound when running in gear and by the time I drive to the dealer, it does not make the sound on idle. (so it is only in the mornings when it is very cold - this being DC area). Is this a standard "feature" for the S350? My minivan which is sitting outside in the cold does not make any such squeaky sound on start up.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350, 91 300SL with Pano Top, 04 S500, 2015 Tesla Model S
2,084 Posts
It could be slight slippage of the belt until it warms up. Rubber contracts/tightens when temperature increases.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It should be making no noise, bottom line. Try a new belt. Usually they start making noise when cold when they get old.

Could also be your water pump. Mine was on it's way out and would only make noise when started up cold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts