Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an 03 S55 and I'm looking forward to having lots of fun with it...

As luck would have it, the day after I brought it home it developed a pretty loud squeak coming from one of the belts, especially when the motor is cold. Or at least I think that's all it is. I didn't notice it when I test drove the car that's for sure.

Should I just spray some belt lube on there? I took a quick look at the motor and it looks like the dealer wiped down the whole motor with some kind of greasy junk, probably trying to clean things up a bit before they sold it. I'm guessing they accidently sprayed some on the belts and it's causing one of them to slip or something.

The computer says I need service B in about 3000 miles. Is this something I can do early, or should I just wait till it's due? I always like to start fresh with a new car and was thinking I might just take it in now and get it taken care of.

Anyway, thanks for having me. I'm looking forward to participating here on the board once I become a little more familiar with the car.

Are there any other good AMG boards I should check out in addition to this one?

·
Registered
2016 E400 coupe, 2018 GLE350, 2007 CL600, 2019 C43 coupe
126 Posts
I'd spray the belt. Mine did the same thing until it warmed up.

·
Registered
2004 S55 AMG Graphite Designo
12 Posts
i got the same problem... i just picked up my 04 S55 and as i was pulling off the lot and gave it a smack on the ass it let out a squeak. and pretty much everytime i give it a quick throttle i get a squeak.

i'm building a list every minute of everything even slightly wrong with it.

it's kinda funny that it got this great 'certified pre-owned' sticker and the driver's door keyless go button is in-op. that got discovered in the delivery by the guy showing me how it works! he was like... 'and you press this button... press this button... press this... uh... when you bring it back to get your pen we gave you drop it of and we will fix that...'

i wonder what the actually check in the certified process. oh and the passenger visor mirror hinge was completely broken. first flip down by the Girlfriend and it fell off. and there is a tick comming from under the hood...

but seriously i really love this car. i had some desperate housewife forcing conversation with me while my Girlfriend was in the car with me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts