Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4Sale: 230G, U1200 Ag, 1017A, lots of MB cars, Volvo c303, 416 raildoka, LR D110 TDi
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea about how many MBU/SBU Doka's were produced ( not counting the custom ones)? It seems that there is probably about 30 of them in the U.S., but I was just curious... I don't seem to see very many for sale in Europe either.

Cheers,
Ben

·
Registered
4Sale: 230G, U1200 Ag, 1017A, lots of MB cars, Volvo c303, 416 raildoka, LR D110 TDi
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
573 Posts
SBU DoKa's

Ben,

Short of having someone in Gaggenau do the research, I don't know that this info has ever been published.

I can say for certain that many of the DoKa's were plied into fire service, Rhein-Braun coal mine service, DB (Deutsche Bahn, aka, German Railroad) service, as well as service for many of the utility companies in Germany, ie, power and gas.

As I recall, Truktor's U1450L was an ex-DB service truck with low hours and it shows.

-Sean P.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sort of expected that to be the case... Never hurts to ask though.

Cheers,
Ben

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
I came across an ELF that smelled of moss and JAGERMEISTER, wandering
around the Black Forest, looking for a ham, as I was, and, he assured me that
MB only built 350 DOKAS world-wide ever, ever, ever, and that they are worth untold amounts of GOLD, PILS and WURST, but not in that order, necessarily.

As the dollar tanks and the EURO ascends, they are worth more of the three
than ever...

He also whispered : "Beware the YELLOW DOKAS, for they know coal dust.."
whatever he might have meant by that...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts