Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a problem with my sprintshift gearbox. After starting the engine I have 1-3min running at auto mode then suddenly the gearbox turn to manual gear shifting from 1 to 3-rd gear. After that I cannot go up for 4-th, 5-th and 6th gear. After switching off the engine and starting again I have new 1-3min normal driving at auto mode. The fault is "low pressure". I am wandering what is going on. It is a sensor, is it a pressure pump or what? The chassis number is: WDB9036122R946156101676299

·
Registered
80 Posts
check the sprinshift hydraulic oil level to begin with. check the relay for the pump (under the drivers seat) and see if the contacts are burnt, and it is possible the pump is starting to lock up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The oil level is OK, the oil quality is OK. The only fault is low pressure in the system. The pump is OK it is almost new. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no signs of any leaks. The "Star" locate faults : "pump has failed" . And that is all. But I found something strange, when I hear that the relay switch on the pump, only 2 sec after that strong noise just like bee bzzzzzzz is heard! When the pump stops this noice also stops. The noise is coming from the 3 hydraulic valves which are next to the pump. Is there any possibility the the pressure in the system to be lost through these valves?

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Id be replacing the pressure sensor, that loud buzz is probably the whole unit vibrating due to overpressurisation. Also if the relay wasnt replaced when you did the pump, replace it, it could be sticking not shuttin the pump off when it reaches pressure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts