Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<H2>DaimlerChrysler Begins Selling the Freightliner Sprinter</H2> <br>
Stuttgart, 12/04/2001 - DaimlerChrysler has begun selling the Sprinter van in the U.S., where it is being offered as a Freightliner brand light commercial vehicle (Class 2 & 3). DaimlerChrysler Vans LLC in Charlotte, North Carolina, is responsible for coordinating the sales activities. The basic vehicle is manufactured in Germany at the Düsseldorf plant before receiving its distinctive Freightliner features in Charlotte. <br>
<br>
from www.daimlerchrysler.com<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The camper version of the Sprinter Van called the James Cook is suppose to be coming to America in 2003. Anyone have information on it, like price, who will sell it, ect?

·
Registered
1991 560 SEL
260 Posts
Sprinter Vans

I drive a '91 560 SEl, and I saw the Sprinter Vans at the Freightliner dealer. Nice van, but a little big for my family. Anyone know if they are going to bring the V-class to the US as well? I think a economical deisel family van would sell in the US.

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
DODGE will sell the SPRINTER

DODGE will sell the SPRINTER as well. Check with your local DODGE dealer for price. Base price for the cargo van is in the $26,500 range.

·
Registered
2002 E320W4
242 Posts
friend in houston just ordered one thru freightliner, it gets here in may and will have the revised motor. should be nice.

·
Registered
91 300SE
1,229 Posts
Sick & tired of Europeans soley enjoying the Vito!!

When will the minivan/bus be available in the US?? I always wanted one and now that i'm selling the house, i'll have the funds to buy one outright. I'm gonna hold out with my wife's Lumina van until the freaking thing makes it's way here!!

Background: I lived in England for over three years, watching great Vitos being driving around. Then I worked for a company where we got ferried around in one and I just loved it. Much better than the Transit that it replaced.

·
Registered
1999 G500, 1997 G300, 1986 300GD, 1983 280GE
316 Posts
RE: Sick & tired of Europeans soley enjoying the Vito!!

I have a friend at Freightliner who says the D-C will not import the Vito because they don't want to impede sales of the Chrysler minivans. I believe that these would appeal to a different market class of buyers. However, D-C does not share this view. I understand that the Freightliner folks are releasing the Sprinter prdoct to the Chrysler division, but the Westfalia James Cook camper will be marketed by Airstream.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts