Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
08' C-300 AWD SPORT
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked the threads and could not find the one where a member stated he hid the unit under the carpet without cutting it. I ordered mine and just wanted to know if I will encounter any installation issues. Thanks also Are there any cons to a SB? Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Taking the accelerator pedal is a pain if you don't have a ratchet. Also, gas mileage will go down a bit, depending on how aggressive you are with the pedal.

·
Registered
02 C32, 08 C350, 00 CLK320 (sis'), 01 ML430 (gone)
1,698 Posts
the sprint booster amplifies the signal the throttle position sensor sends to the ECU which pretty much does the same thing as doing a heavier throttle input with your foot. It basically tells the throttle to open up more aggressively all the time. half pedal travel can mean full throttle. Not a very good idea when you are running the canyons or auto-X. consider this relay in part only cost roughly $10-15 with no real R&D. The $250-300 price is not justified.

The con would be if it fails, the signal may get stuck at WOT all the time which can cause you serious accident.

·
Registered
08' C-300 AWD SPORT
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anyone had this fail on them? I would think if it failed it would return to normal as that is the part in between which is connected to the normal connection. $300 might not be justifiec but MB should have improved it when they made the C Class change. They stated AMG looks well I think the real AMG body styling is nicer. The lag is so bad that my mothers 04 Acura TL has alot of power. This part does the trick and if you floor the car without this part you would notice a dead spot until the car decides to open up at least this instantly opens up and is more aggressive.

·
Registered
02 C32, 08 C350, 00 CLK320 (sis'), 01 ML430 (gone)
1,698 Posts
as long as you like it. all the matters.

but just so you know the delay is in the adaptive programing which if you don't normally drives aggressively there will be a lag when you actually want to go. This can be addressed by resetting the driving style it has already learned. I do it once a month or so. takes 20sec and cost zero. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts