Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86 W126 and I am getting new Koni shocks for it. I don't know though if I want to get springs for it. I was thinking about the Eibachs, but I am not sure I want to lower the car at all. It says it would lower it 1.3 inches. I looked at my car, and I like the stance. I think new MBs look great lowered, but not older ones. It said you can adjust the height via shims....so is it worth it all for the Eibachs?? Or should I just stick with the stockers and put new shocks on it? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm with you. I think that the lowered older MB's look cheesy and cheap. And kinda stupid. I would go with the OEM replacements. The Krauts had a reason to make the car look like it does (i.e. engineering)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your input. By OEM replacements I assume you meant the springs, right? But do springs wear out? These are fine, the only reason I would have replaced them is if I was putting in aftermarket ones. Thanks again

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My rule-of-thumb is- if the springs are fine, don't replace them. They should be good for at least 200,000 miles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts