Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my rear Vogtland springs & eventually take my car to
my mechanic to do the fronts (too hard for me with just a floor jack).
My question is, the flat part of the spring goes on the top or bottom ?
Does it matter ? I put the flat part on the bottom because, the top fit
snug into the pad. Anybody have any ideas? Do I have to do the rears again &
reverse the springs?

Attachments

·
Banned
3,184 Posts
H&R

I dropped mine with H&R's last week. I let my indie mechanic shop do it though. I'll post pics after AI get a chance to wash it and dress it up....too much rain in Texas right now...and too damn cold to wash a car..but I love the stance it gave my C280...not a harsh ride at all. smooth sailing and agressive looking.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spoke to Vogtland Springs Tech. support and the springs that I
installed in the rears, were done fine. I'm very happy with the drop (rear)
& now I'm looking forward in doing the front (next week).
I'll post pics. when the springs are done.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't tell if the Vogtlands dropped yours at all. are you sure they did?
Actually, that's a bad picture.
+ today it was lower. I think because the rear finally settled.
I measured from fender to floor & the difference was 2" lower.
I'm going to attempt to do the fronts tonight. A buddy of mine gave me
a coil spring compressor to use. When I'm done, I'll post pics of the car's stance.
I've lowered many cars in my time & it usually takes a day or so for the springs to
settle in place (worked in).

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yea I was contemplating about vogt springs, but now that I see yours i'm not to sure I want them. I can see they dropped a little but not dramatically. Hey Benzrider, how much did the H&R's run you? and on a scale of 1-10 how much harsher did the ride get?
hey Project6,
I'm not affiliated or work for Vogtland, but Vogtland make great products.
Their German built parts that are known to last long & perform at the highest level.
I have Vogtland coils installed on my 190E (Greece). I did the install myself
& you know what, the car rides amazing.........
For my c230, hopefully these coils will lower the car enough so there's
no gap in the wheel well? There's about a 2" gap when my 18's are on the car.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,184 Posts
Yea I was contemplating about vogt springs, but now that I see yours i'm not to sure I want them. I can see they dropped a little but not dramatically. Hey Benzrider, how much did the H&R's run you? and on a scale of 1-10 how much harsher did the ride get?
ahh man..I'm in LOVE with the H&R's...I got a nice agressive drop. I used the factory #4 shims that came on the car(front and back are #4's). to me, the comfy ride didn't change a bit, but the handling feels like I'm in a F1 racer. sharp, crisp response. I can feel all the power of my Inline6 on the ground now. the H&R's stopped all the "rockin" during excel and nose dive during braking. I peel the tires a lot, but that may be becuz I could use a new set, but also becuz the H&R's dialed that rear axle right in. they make the car hook up nice to the road.

Funny thing too, I had ordered the Eibachs first, but my gut was telling me I made a big mistake, luckily the Eibachs were on backorder for 6-10 WEEKS!...so I called the TireRack and cancelled that order, then went to allsprings.com and ordered the H&R's and got em' in less than 10 days via UPS. 4 hours on the rack and I was crusiin!!!...If anybody needs a vote of confidence on the H&R's ...I'M IT...I will use H&R's in every benz I get in the future. hands down.

:bowdown: H&R's...very satisfied.

cost: $236.16 + tax at all springs.com
labor: $376 + tax indie mechanic shop

I will post pics once I clean him up.

almost forgot...I got the blue H&R's...I heard they come in red too.

·
Banned
3,184 Posts
hypprr1, I won't argue with you on your choice. I would like to see the pics when you get finished. I might even run my c280 thru a exxon wash just to post pics and show mine but I really want to do a full detail first.

keep us posted on your progress....that 190e is sitting nice thouggh.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hypprr1, I won't argue with you on your choice. I would like to see the pics when you get finished. I might even run my c280 thru a exxon wash just to post pics and show mine but I really want to do a full detail first.

keep us posted on your progress....that 190e is sitting nice thouggh.
Thanks brother, I love my 190E too..............

D

·
0 Posts
FYI...

it takes a full 2-3 months of driving to "settle" springs, your car will continue to drop for a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts