Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 300cd which will soon be doing a lot of mountain driving. I saw lowering springs for a 300sd in the ipco performance products catelog and wondered if there was anything like that for a 300cd. Additionally can anyone recommend shocks?<br> <br> Thanks <br> Bruce

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
brucew,<br> You might check the part #s. You may find an inter-changeable spring.<br> Also, be very careful changing springs. The springs are like a grenade when compressed, to be removed. One false move and they will go off!!<br> Good luck, John F.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was lowering my friends moms honda accord and the spring compressor exploded and hit me, it really hurts, luckly no serious injury. Then my friends let the car down and the shock wedged my fingers in the shock tower...I guess it wasnt my day.<br> <br> Check www.mercedesshop.com someone posted everything about lowering a w123 including pad numbers.<br> <br> http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/showthread.php3?threadid=16595&highlight=123<br> <br> Let me know if you lower your car, I am going to do it soon.<br> <br> Austin

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,180 Posts
I lowered mine with eurocarparts.com search here or mercedesshop.com for my information-i hope it can help...please post pictures of your projects!-take care-jake

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.