Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Various Rental Cars
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather was nice, just had to go clean the E420.

So I went ahead, washed it, got rid of all the sand under the wheel wells and waxed it.

Met up with my brother and took some more..

BTW, His car is a 96 3000GT SL - fun car.. next week.. time to get the 944 to the same level of shine [;)]

Enjoy the great weather (those of you who are up north [;)] )

·
Registered
1994 MB E320
197 Posts
I have always thought you have the best looking W124 here. Look at that shine! It looks brand new! What do you use?

·
Registered
2004 S500 4Matic
102 Posts
If you want your paint to shine like it is wet and be able to get it off the rubber use the wax shop wax it is a liquid and you can even do your windows with it!!!

·
Registered
W124.036 / W210.074
248 Posts
Wow, looks absolutly clean!

Question, did 400E/E420 have short transmission, so limited to 155MPH !??! Or did you get it off to over 155MPH!? Anyone outhere!?

·
Registered
W220
174 Posts
Hey Holson, great looking cars!!

I havent noticed any swirl marks on your paint, it looks mint. I have manu swirl marks on the E300, I was wondering if you could suggest a product that would deal with them.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
Dang you Holson! Your just tryin to make us all look bad!! [:(!][:(!][:(!]The weather has been warm down here to, so get yer butt down here and shine my E420 up like yours!!!![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Smokie

Attachments

·
Registered
95 E320 Coupe, 11 E350 4Matic P2
1,082 Posts
Professor Booty - 3/30/2005 12:34 AM

I have always thought you have the best looking W124 here. Look at that shine! It looks brand new! What do you use?
Booty black colour is the best colour to wax up, it stands out the most

and to me Turtle Wax is the best wax in the world it really shines the shit out of my car.

·
Registered
Various Rental Cars
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! [:D]

I've never had the car up to 155mph but I am sure that the later E420s are limited to 130mph as they come from factory with H-Rated tires.

It is not gearing limited however - the 92s go all the way to 150mph I think.

BTW,

I just use Meguiars NXT because it's quick and easy to use as I don't really have much time these days. I used to use Mother's Cleaner Wax, Meguiar's Polish and then the NXT. I will probably do that again.

I do take care washing the car though so that probably keeps the swirls to a minimum - especially for a 95 w/ close to 100,000 mi.!

The 944 Turbo was in a shade and the lighting (ambient) really helped it shine in that picture. It's not that swirl free in real life... but it's a fun little car.

I actually detailed the 944 Turbo pretty thoroughly using the same three step process I used on the E420 but didn't work quite as well. The swirls were reduced but it doesn't shine as nicely as the 420?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts