Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have a spring compressor I could borrow/rent? My mechanic says he's not sure about replacing that front subframe without using a MB 107 spring compressor and the prices I find for that at first glance exceed $700.

When I replaced my lower control arm bushings, I merely set my tires up on bricks and the weight of the car held it in place while I used a floor jack and two piston jacks to carefully lower the control arm.

Other than a what I'm finding online (Telescoping Compressor KL_0021), anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Someone has one for sale in the FSTW forum. And the last time I looked there was one on ebay that was under $200 IIRC. Neither is the genuine MB tool, but are designed to work in it's place.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Someone has one for sale in the FSTW forum. And the last time I looked there was one on ebay that was under $200 IIRC. Neither is the genuine MB tool, but are designed to work in it's place.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg
Thanks...I am finding some for $200 and less, but would rather pay shipping both ways if I could.

Do see those on Ebay and a couple say they work for the 107, but when I Google them, they list a number of other chassis but NOT the 107...The 1801 model is the one in question.

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
9,829 Posts
If your mechanic need a spring compressor to do front subframe mounts, then its time to find a new mechanic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts