Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
01 CLK55 & 00 ML55
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow 208'ers. I just purchased one of the Klann-style spring compressors on eBay. I'm pretty sure it works on the w208's and many other models. I plan to keep the tool and rent it to reputable forum members upon request. I'll charge a deposit and refund most of the deposit on receipt of the tool. It will probably be $40 or less to rent it for 10 days (to be determined for sure). Let me know what you guys think about that rate. I think it's a fair price. Also, let me know if you'll be interested in renting. I should have it by next week and it should be available for rent early in June.

·
Registered
2003 Ford Ranger kickass edition. Soon 2003 SL55
437 Posts
Nice.. good idea. I rented one from the local pepboys and I couldnt get it to work. If I would have had the correct style im sure it would have worked much better. To do my springs I ended up taking off the whole A arm and taking the spring off from the bottom. worked well for me.

L

·
0 Posts
I would rent it but with shipping charges both way, wouldn't be cheaper just to pay shop?

·
Registered
01 CLK55 & 00 ML55
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, heres the deal. I changed my suspension out on the 430 with the autozone compressor. I had to take the entire suspension apart and it took me an entire day. like 8 or 9 hours. This should make each spring about 15 min. That's why I bought this thing. I'm gonna charge probably $30 for rental time. Shipping should be 10-15 each way for a grand total of $60 or less. I'm not trying to rip anyone off. I know I'll use the thing a few times on my own, and thought I'd be doing a favor renting out at such a low price.

L

·
0 Posts
thought I'd be doing a favor renting out at such a low price.

That's the way to give back to this forum and help out our friends.:thumbsup: Please sign me up. Drop me an e-mail at [email protected] when ever the tool is avaliable. Thank you very much for the offer. I want to change out the rear pads on my Clk 500 cabriolet.

·
Registered
01 CLK55 & 00 ML55
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Linh, looks like your private messages are full. The spring compressor is available and I can send it out by Wednesday at the latest. Send me an email using the "send email to" option when you click my username. Thanks!

zeronine, you'll be local so it'll be easy to loan it to you, no shipping! let me know when you're ready to lower that bad boy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts