Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been a huge fan of Mercedes for a number of years (my father still owns a 1969 280SL Convertible).

I saw a very well kept C350 in Central Texas and was interested in it. I've already seem the dealer and test drove it. I'm wondering what other opinions are out there about this model year and/or trim.

The carfax was clean... this isn't a specific vehicle inquiry.

I'd be upgrading from a 2006 Honda Civic EX. The MB is on sale for 32.5k (TTL not included)

Can anyone shed some light on this particular engine/trim level? Thanks!

· Registered
2008 C350 and a Lightning.
161 Posts
I'm going to sound like a broken record but, I paid less then that for a brand new 08 C350 with auto, P2 package and a few other things. I think you should be able to talk the dealer way down (if that is the color/options you are looking for) or look some more.
I personally would much rather have auto in this car. It's not a sports car and the 7speed auto is pretty nice. Maybe drive one before you make your decision.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to sound like a broken record but, I paid less then that for a brand new 08 C350 with auto, P2 package and a few other things. I think you should be able to talk the dealer way down (if that is the color/options you are looking for) or look some more.
I personally would much rather have auto in this car. It's not a sports car and the 7speed auto is pretty nice. Maybe drive one before you make your decision.
Thanks for the info. I didn't think 32k was a good starting price on their behalf. I wasn't in the mood to talk the dealer down, I was just driving by and saw a red demon I had to test drive.

The car was an automatic and drove flawlessly.

I was more looking for information specific to the trim/model year.

Is an 07 better an 08? Should I only consider a new one? Any obvious defects or problems to look/listen for?

· Registered
2008 C350 and a Lightning.
161 Posts
If you can find a deal on a used one that is always nice. If you can find a new 08 still on the lot you may be able to get a real good deal.
As far as things to look for, do a search here and you will find some of the minor issues that people have come across but nothing that will keep you from buying one. C350 sport with the P2 package is well optioned. as I said, search these forums and you will find a lot of good info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.