Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'06 CLS500
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey....I've got an '06 CLS500 that I'm going to lower. I was hoping I could get some help from my fellow enthusiasts before I do. I have a different technique of lowering it. It's similar in concept to that of using linkages or the "washer" method for the Front end; except without using linkages or washers.

Before I could perform this drop, I need to know which STOCK suspension tuning setting (Sport1, Sport2 or comfort) will give me the lowest suspension setting. Would someone answer me that?

The reason I'm asking is because of the following. From what I've read and understood of this forum and my car's manual, the car would automatically lower itself at highway speeds beyond ~65-75mph; not much though. But I'm thinking that one of those settings I've mentioned HAS to be at the lowest the car can go already. Whatever that setting is, that would be the setting I want the car at when I go to lower it and gauge the wheel clearance. That way, I'll lesson the chance of the car getting TOO low at highway speeds.

Can anyone help me on this?
TIA for any help you can provide!

Skidz

·
Registered
Sl500 1997
215 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts