Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
w202 95' C220
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I currently have H&R lowering springs on my 95' w202 c220, based on experience which shocks would you suggest me getting to replace my stock shocks which are dieing out on me.

Thanks

·
Registered
Volvo 940GLE, GMC Suburban, Infiniti I30, Toyota Prius, VW GTI, MB SLK350, Lexus IS250
1,063 Posts
rattlestar said:
Hey,

I currently have H&R lowering springs on my 95' w202 c220, based on experience which shocks would you suggest me getting to replace my stock shocks which are dieing out on me.

Thanks
Unless they are not available for a particular car, I've have been using Bilstein in the past 25 years. They will almost always tighten up the suspension. Just get the "street" versions. Many versions are hung upside down to reduce unsprung weight with the shock body on top and the rod on the bottom.

Getting them is simple, just select a dealer from their website and it will come in the mail. The local Goodyear retail shop installed the last set for a very competitive price, then do an alignment after that. Don't forget to ask for the special tool to lock down the top cap.

For car with no Bilstein fitment, I have used KYB and they worked fine too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts