Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was just wondering if any of you guys know, or can estimate how much it would cost to modify the grille of a c230 or c320 sportsedan so that the tri-star is on the grille as shown in the link below:

http://www.mbnz.org/gallery/pics/marioamador6058049PM.jpg

Any info on this would be much appreciated as I love the look of the sportsedan but would like to modify the grille so it has the sportier look of the CLK, CL, or even the C sportcoupe. Thanks.

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
I am looking to the same....

mod when my C arrive[:)][:D][;)]maybe we can share some info on that.[:)]

-jim

·
Registered
'01 C240
272 Posts
That grill is ok and all but there is a "better"grill out there that more closely resemble...

That grill is ok and all but there is a "better"grill out there that more closely resembles the CL grill. It is the MHDezent grill w/a larger star. I would download pic for you but I'm not that good w/links and all[:I]. Anyways it retails from anywhere between 600-700 bucks. We are TRYING to start a group buy for like 5 bills. Email me for more info if you want. Even if you don't want in on the group buy, make sure you look at the differences between both. The finish just looks so much better than those ebay grills.

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
thanks enri007, but I think this is better and cheaper too>>>

http://http://formymercedes.com/mb_results.asp?model=W203&class=c-class_w203&category=Front%20Grilles

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am interested in the group buy!

I just bought the C230 sport sedan and am interested in changing the grille to the sport grille with the biggest star. Please let me know how to proceed. Thanks! Willy

·
Registered
C230 Sport Sedan
4 Posts
Grille Options & Cost...

The Grille that you have shown can be purchased through Signature Line for around $259 plus tax & Shipping and the picture of my car that I’ve added shows a Grille that can be purchased from Performance Products for around $629 plus tax, shipping, paint and installation, but option is a bit more costly and is actually a modified CL Grille! Both can be purchased from www.performanceproducts.com Hope this helps you out and good luck! [:D]

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes C240
9 Posts
Do you know how to take off the hood star on the hood. I wanted to replace it with the ...

Do you know how to take off the hood star on the hood. I wanted to replace it with the flat emblem but I couldn't figure out how to take it off and I didn't want to mess around with it or I might break it off or something.

·
Registered
C Class
28 Posts
Headlight

How did you seperate the headlight on your car ? Do you need to buy someseperator ? or you just paint it ?

·
Registered
C230 Sport Sedan
4 Posts
Light rings...

To answer your question about my lights, they are light rings that can be purchased for your c-class! They come in chrome but are made of the automotive plastic, so they can be sanded and prepared for paint to match your car. They do give the car a great look!

·
Registered
C230 Sport Sedan
4 Posts
Hood Emblem...

To be honest, I had mine professionally installed when I did my grille conversion. If you are uncertain about changing it out yourself, I would definitely take your ride down to your local Mercedes Dealer and have them do the swap. It shouldn’t take them more than 20 minutes to do, so the cost should be reasonable! Let me know how it works out!

·
Registered
c320
1 Posts
LIGHT RINGS

The light rings look great, but all the rings i have seen for sale go around the perimeter of the light and do not cut the into two different lights- how did you make the headlights look like two separate circles if the rings only go around the outside of the lamp?

·
Registered
'01 C240
272 Posts
Re: LIGHT RINGS

The light rings look great, but all the rings i have seen for sale go around the perimeter of the light and do not cut the into two different lights- how did you make the headlights look like two separate circles if the rings only go around the outside of the lamp?
erm...light rings[8)]...different strokes for different folks, but to me they ONLY look semi nice on a black car w/black rings.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
That's exactly how they work...

Dave painted the chrome rings black to match his car, and the rings simply separate the headlamp into two portions.

I agree that they do look good on a black car, however they don't look so hot on other colours it seems.

·
Registered
1999 Mercedes ML320
809 Posts
OEM sport grille

Dave Kline or anyone else for that matter, would you be willing to sell your OEM grille? Email me if interested. [email protected]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts