Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 sl500 sports/1990 560 sec
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2000 sl500 with sport package bought a month ago. reading lynns post "sports package - buyer beware" made me look at my front bumper. noticed gaps at both ends of front bumper cover and fender are wider. kinda like sagging at both ends. looks like the center of bumper cover was pushed up causing both ends to sag down. can this bumper cover be adjusted? haven't ordered repair manual yet, and have searched forum.

·
Registered
MB SL600, MB 380SE, Suzuki Grand Vitara, 38' Chris-Craft, Volvo V70XC, and my own two feet...
4,131 Posts
Good question...I have a little bit of that going on myself, and was also wondering whether it was adjustable...

·
Registered
07 SL350, 14 BMW320, 05 SLK and 4.6 MGBV8
745 Posts
Quite often the reason for this is parking front on to a kerb site, so that the bumpers slides in quite nicely, but becomes speared on reversing out. I did this on a C43 where AMG have made the bumper very low indeed, and pulled the whole thing off!

You should be careful of this and try not to let the front override a kerb.

You might be able to re-adjust it - loosen the mounting bolts and push up the ends and retighten bolts.

·
Registered
1964 Pontiac GTO Convertible, 1998 MB SL500
2 Posts
Has anyone fixed gaps like those described in this thread? Is it as easy as loosening the mounting bolts and re-positioning the cover?

·
Registered
1964 Pontiac GTO Convertible, 1998 MB SL500
2 Posts
Thanks, Lancair. Your reply helps me tremendously - especially the schematic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts