Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
e55k,
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i switch it into sport mode?
I know i sound dumb but i am confused, and had a few watching hoops on TV??

·
Registered
2007 E63 AMG
64 Posts
For the '07 E63 AMG, can you tell the differences between S mode, Sport 1 and Sport 2 mode? I use S mode for daily driving but I am not sure when to use Sport 1 or Sport 2. Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI, 2008 E320 Bluetech, 2009 E63 AMG, 2012 GL550
51 Posts
Hi dustinN,

There are two different buttons. One by the shift lever controls how the transmissions shifts. The button closer to the cup holders controls the suspension. S, S1 and S2 are different modes for the suspension and control how the car rides. S2 is the most sporty and the suspension is tighter. I usually leave mine in S or S1 for daily driving. If I plan on having some fun in the twisties I will use S2.

Also, each of these suspension modes changes the camber and your tires will wear differently depending upon the mode you use. Some say that the tires will wear down faster in S1 or S2. I haven't done a comparison.

Hope you are still enjoying the car!

·
Registered
2007 E63 AMG
64 Posts
Thank you euro_sport, I tried S, S1, S2 before but didnot feel the differences until this morning when I drove by a local road that has lots of speed bumps in S2 mode. The car didnot bouncing up and down much even though I tried to drive faster than normal when passing those. The airmatic suspension definitely gave me a solid feel of the car. For every day commute, i want to have the car rises up and in S mode. Yes, I am enjoy my new ride and still trying to figure out all functions.
If anyone knows how to pair the phone bluetooth with Galaxy S5, please let me know. Thank you so much, I am glad I found this forum.

·
Registered
2007 E63 AMG
64 Posts
Oops, the "check engine" light came up on the way home this afternoon. I am kinda worry because every trip to the dealer is $$$. I did some research and they said it could be the ethanol gas. I hope this is the case. Some says that they had this problem after replacing the air filter or losing cap. I don't think these apply to me.

·
Registered
2007 E63 AMG
64 Posts
I had the the engine scanned at Advance Auto Part with the error code P2187. There are smokes from the exhausts in the morning. Hopefully its not a serious problem.

·
Registered
2007 E63 AMG
64 Posts
Hi dustinN,

There are two different buttons. One by the shift lever controls how the transmissions shifts. The button closer to the cup holders controls the suspension. S, S1 and S2 are different modes for the suspension and control how the car rides. S2 is the most sporty and the suspension is tighter. I usually leave mine in S or S1 for daily driving. If I plan on having some fun in the twisties I will use S2.

Also, each of these suspension modes changes the camber and your tires will wear differently depending upon the mode you use. Some say that the tires will wear down faster in S1 or S2. I haven't done a comparison.

Hope you are still enjoying the car!
What is the third button on the right, P/OFF ? I've tried it for a few time but I didn't feel any differences. I guess it's the traction control button??? Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 CLS55 AMG
248 Posts
What is the third button on the right, P/OFF ? I've tried it for a few time but I didn't feel any differences. I guess it's the traction control button??? Thanks.
Most of this is in the user's manual. You can find one in PDF form very quickly with google for your year vehicle.

P/OFF is usually parktronic on/off.

Interestingly enough, the lean error could be a bad intake manifold gasket. Something to be checked with STAR to get the real codes.

About the suspension/transmission modes.

In european cars, the C/S/M button is actually W/S/M. "Comfort" in America is really only winter mode, and is programmed as such. "S" means standard (performance mode). Here in the US they use it for marketing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts