Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 240 D Mercedes 1982, I wanted to put 20in spinners on it. They also have 18in so i can adjust to the smaller size but i'd much rather have the larger rims, they cost the same basically, and what width do i need, and what size tires would i have to get? thanks.

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
you would need a 7.5" wheel and I do not believe you can make a 20 work on your car becaus...

you would need a 7.5" wheel and I do not believe you can make a 20 work on your car because you need a tire witha 25" diameter

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: you would need a 7.5

you would need a 7.5" wheel and I do not believe you can make a 20 work on your car because you need a tire witha 25" diameter

do you mean if i had 20" wheels that i would need to have 5 more inches of tire in order for it to fit in the wheel well? is that from ground up, or just from the rim? what about 19", 18"...

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
this picture desribes what I stated in the previous post

[img]https://www.tirerack.co...

this picture desribes what I stated in the previous post

·
Registered
2009 CLS
70 Posts
OK! A 21 yr old car that costs as much as a 19inch tire and u want to put some "Spinning"...

OK! A 21 yr old car that costs as much as a 19inch tire and u want to put some "Spinning" rims on it? What is the matter with u? Do u even have a license? Turn the BET and MTV off and pull ur pants up

·
Registered
96 E320
58 Posts
Dont listen to him i think it would look great, i have a friend with an older benz and he ...

Dont listen to him i think it would look great, i have a friend with an older benz and he added 18'AMG and spacers and his car looks better than some stock newer benzes out there.... go for it!!

·
Registered
96 E320
58 Posts
just took a look at the car your talking about in your profile,,, i take back my last me...

just took a look at the car your talking about in your profile,,, i take back my last message.....lol dont put rims on that! id rather re-invest in a Yugo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts