Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

11K views 64 replies 8 participants last post by  SpeedThings 
#1 ·
Hello all.
I am looking for electrical schematics for mercedes e280 W210 2.8 V6 1997 '.
As for the scheme of automatic gearbox, ABS, engine control unit.
Please answer, thank you all for your help.

#36 ·
I am looking for electrical schematics for mercedes e280 W210 2.8 V6 1997.
As for the scheme of automatic gearbox, ABS, engine control unit.
ST - I am not sure if you are still looking for this information?

Please complete your profile with model/year/location as this is sometimes important when looking up details in workshop manuals. Location is necessary as there can be minor differences between USA and models for other regions, eg Japan, Europe.

According to my MB workshop manual (WIS) your donor car was 210.063 with engine M112.921. Engine mixture control is by ME-SFI Control Unit (N3/10) - generally known as the CPU. This is ME-SFI type 2.0.

There are several versions of this module depending on USA/not USA, Cruise control/not CC, before 06/2000, after 06/2000.

I have selected the circuit diagram below for your car. This shows all the exterior connections to the N3/10 module, with connector details and wire colors.

As for the scheme of automatic gearbox.....
This car had transmission type either 722.606 or 617, which is controlled by Electric Transmission Control Unit (N15/3). The external circuit below is for models from 01/03/1997 to 31/05/1999.

Attachments

#37 · (Edited)
Witam, projekt jest nadal żywy. jednak znalazłem pracę w Szwecji i buduje samochód, gdy mam wakacje w Polsce.

Trochę się zmieniło.
miska olejowa została przebudowana, jest teraz estetycznie przyjemna i ma pojemność 10 litrów.
układ wydechowy ma dwie oddzielne rury, jedną z boku
Zmodyfikowałem układ paliwowy, użyłem zewnętrznego regulatora ciśnienia paliwa.
Mam 6 biegów manualna skrzynia biegów z 2.4 v6.
elektryk jest gotowy na 90%, emulator immobilizer został zainstalowany, samochód obraca się, ale się nie uruchamia.

Muszę znaleźć sposób personalizacji ECU,

Jest sygnał na pompie paliwa, że czasami chce uruchomić, ale iskra ucieka
Dziękuję wszystkim za pomoc, wszystko jest przydatne,

#38 ·
Hi my project is still under construction, almost ready.

I have errors after connecting my computer:
-P1570 Error in the DAS to the engine controller
-P1605 Communication with ABS ASR, uneven surfaces,
-P0500
-P0600 CAN ESP communication
-P1747 CAN INSTRUMENT CLUSTER communication
-P1603 CAN bus EZS
-P1179, P1178, P1177 Oil sensor signal unstable.

These are all the bugs I have. The engine is in a different car, so I do not have a comfort module, abs, automatic transmission, a set of indicators and everything unnecessary, I only have an engine, engine controller, mechanical fuel pressure regulator (the converted injection rail has an exit to the tank)

Is the engine running normally or in "degraded mode" in the current situation?

Currently, the controller sees that the position of the gearbox P / N, brake pressed, oil temperature 215 * C

Can I somehow cheat the oil temperature sensor? e.g. see 90 * C all the time?
I can't find which cable is responsible for the brake signal.
Does the engine in this situation reach full power?

I have a jule immobilizer emulator.

#39 ·
p0500. With this code the car will not run properly as there are no wheel speed sensor information.
P0600 similar to above.
P1750 no comm / interlock between DAS equivalent and ECU, cranking issue/
The oil sensor codes. In order to fake the oil sensor info to the ECU, you need some hardware to fake the 3-pulse train to the ECU to simulate an "Oil OK" signal. This can be tricky. It is better just to get an oil sensor (B40) and install.

#40 ·
I understand, but sometimes it isn't:

If the motor sees it is in P / N position, it is okay because if the motor was in D position the motor would not have the wheel speed signal and would cut off the power? - mode failure?

P1570 / P1603 - i think this is a problem because i have an immobilizer emulator, the engine starts without problem every time, problem with the CAN is because the engine does not see any signal ??? no gearbox, no comfort module, no abs, nothing ?
P1605 / P0500 / P0600 - this is a problem because I do not have a gearbox module and I do not have an abs module
P1747 - no instrument cluster connected
P1179 / P1178 / P1177 - oil sensor but the computer show: oil level OK, oil temp 215*C,
I want the engine to work normally,
I have other devices to show oil pressure, oil temperature, engine temperature, RPM, manual gearbox,

in my other car, when something is bad, then I have a failure mode, the car has no power, max 2000 rpm, and speed 60 km / h,
takes a lot of fuel.

This M112 engine will it work normally with these errors?
The power is, the maximum speed was 170 km / h yesterday,
only the fuel consumption is terrible

#41 · (Edited)
This M112 engine will it work normally with these errors?
Depends on how you define "normal" :). The ECU, after the battery connection, with its adaptation data erased, will start in default mode and check all the relevant sensors over some driving cycles to set up adaptation data. When you start the engine, it will start in open loop mode, meaning, not checking most of the sensors (MAF, O2 sensors and so on), so it runs in this mode, based on throttle angle position to calculate fuel injector timing. When the sensors are ready, it goes into closed loop mode to adjust air/fuel ratio precisely. So, if your car is stuck in the open loop mode, and thinks it is perpetually idling (P/N setting), the fuel consumption will not be good.

It would be interesting to know how this julie emulator works, and how it communicates with the ECU. At the end of start sequence, the ECU updates the authorization code to be loaded into the key, and maybe the emulator is not acknowledging it.

#46 ·
It would be interesting to know how this julie emulator works, and how it communicates with the ECU. At the end of start sequence, the ECU updates the authorization code to be loaded into the key, and maybe the emulator is not acknowledging it.
I actually have one or two julie emulator on hand. It's basically a tiny PCB with four wires soldered onto the ECU -- power, GND, CAN L and CAN H.

You virginize the ECU so its blank, and then with emulator soldered on, you use SDS to "marry" the ECU to the car.

In this case the julie emulator monitors the CANBUS and then intercepts the data packets that is meant for EIS/EZS and feeds its own.

So by marrying the blank ECU with emulator, the emulator supplies its own ID (since it intercepts the EIS packets) and thus the ECU is married to the emulator ID, not the EIS ID.

Therefore when you turn the ignition to pos III, the start signal is sent via CAN to ECU, ECU checks the DAS by querying the EIS for the ID....but emulator again captures the packet and feeds its own ID, then ECU sees everything is all good, then starts the engine.

Basically in this case you take out the EIS out of the equation completely. Amusingly enough, in order to install the emulator you need to have a functioning EIS and key to begin with.

Therein lies the problem. Without a EIS that is communicating properly with the ECU, the julie emulator will not work properly. Once the SDS marries the ECU to the emulator, THEN you can take off the EIS and do whatever the hell you want to do.

#42 ·
For what's it worth, I remember that Hifu manufactured reluctor rings for his conversion to make it work.
3 years on the project and still going? Unfortunately that how it often goes.
Although with Coronavirus restrictions people are forced to have more time at home.
Good luck to have it finish.

#43 ·
In May 2017, I started working in Sweden, I returned to Poland 3 months ago. And I continue building "project".

Without immobilizer emulator, the car did not start, I think that the DAS and EZS problem is caused by the lack of CAN connection to the ignition switch. What do I need to connect so that the motor controller sees that I am not holding the brake and is in position D? maybe I can remove the automatic transmission? this is a 1997 engine driver

#45 · (Edited)
I thought you had an M112 with its controller. In the USA, the 1997 model has M104 engine and its controller of course. In any case, the brake pedal information and the gear information is passed to the ECU via the CAN bus. The brake pedal monitoring comes from the Traction module, and the gear information comes from the TCM that you t have neither.

#50 ·
my w210 originally has an automatic gearbox, I installed a manual gearbox from w202 2.4 v6 , and I don't know if it is possible to code a manual gearbox ??

someone once said that you can not code controller in the m112 engine from 1997 - you can only code the ECU from 2000 up

#51 ·
Hi, change of plans, I got angry and the engine is already scrapped. I put OM606 with mechanical injection pump, i wanted to mount in my w123 but well ....
I need rear sump oil for this engine, from which engine model the oil sump will fit well ??? And what with the oil pump ?
I find this W211 3.2CDI R6 6480140302 ?

#52 ·
Sad to hear it, but it happened before that after 3 years the owners had to scrape the project.
Ironically you did reverse what Hifu did.
He started with mechanical W124 and put digital engine and transmission in it.
But than Hifu is exception and to date the only 1 who reported success on this scale.
Couple more guys in UK updated the engines to top dozens who failed.

#57 ·
I believe it will, as the engine provides minimum of torque when it thinks it is idling.

The EIS code will remain and will not matter. The ECU, after the car starts, it will send new key code to the EIS and waits for EIS acknowledgement. If not received. It will generate a fault code.

Once you have the changes for manual transmission, you can scan and check what codes are still there and what new codes come up. Make sure it can be reversed to how it is now, if things do not work better.

#58 ·
Suppose: I will have manual gearboxes in the controller.

With DAS error, EzS error, ABS / ESP/ASR error, P0500 and INSTRUMENT CLUSTER communication failure

Will the engine run normally? normal fuel consumption? normal power?

Now the car starts fine every time even though it shows DAS / EZS error

If the change information about gearbox in ECU will not change much because of these errors in the example above, then I throw the engine in the trash.
I am asking because I want to be 100% sure that it will work well, if not, it's a waste of money, I prefer to invest in a different engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.