Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

11K views 64 replies 8 participants last post by  SpeedThings 
#1 ·
Hello all.
I am looking for electrical schematics for mercedes e280 W210 2.8 V6 1997 '.
As for the scheme of automatic gearbox, ABS, engine control unit.
Please answer, thank you all for your help.

#3 · (Edited)
For most people's experience level, and for most situations, electrical schematics are useless.

These are not 1960's toaster ovens or clothes dryers.

For a few (5%?) that have done significant electronics diagnostic work and know how to actually perform voltage drop analysis, schematic are helpful. For the rest, they're just lines on the screen -- so many!

The above is "twice as true" for modern-era cars where there are fewer dedicated circuits per function and much control is communicated not by dedicated wires but by network messaging.

#4 ·
It is true, but to answer the OP's question, the diagrams I have seen do not cover E280 as it is not sold here in the USA, as far as I know. Having said that, it probably shares the same engine, and transmission with the same year C280 (it is better if the OP provides the engine and transmission numbers to check, along with any specific questions that someone can help out).

#5 ·
Hello, I need these schemes because they put the engine into another car (from Mercedes to Nissan)
For me the scheme is a scheme and not just any lines.
This is W210 wagon 1997 years 39 a week. engine code M112.921.

You need schematic motor driver, an automatic transmission and abs.

unless it is the opportunity to do so to this case acted without abs (I can change gears yourself Tiptronic).

could use the scheme to the engine OM 606 962 1996 years.

I saw on a forum someone has schematics of E320, they are very nice, clean, clear, but I do not know of what this program. Very please help, and thank you very much.

#8 ·
What other language you speak? We have members here speaking almost everything ;)
I ditto Al's comment that on modern cars electric schematics, even when exist are useless.
When you have wire harness with 50 or 100 wires in it, even if you draw it, it will be unreadable even for educated owners.
For whatever it is worth - try Mercedes Benz Workshop Manuals
It is a bit slow and keeps asking for donations, but when you ignore it, you have price hard to beat.

#9 ·
Thank you very much, all the information is useful.
I live in Poland - is also my shitty English (I know only the language of games, some from school and google translate)

As for the engines and wire harnesses, then I cut the beam to a minimum, I can turn the motor on a pallet, etc.

if someone would have a good program that I would be very grateful for the information. In Poland, people have a habit that if they find something or come up with is not divided(
They have money with this knowledge and do not want to do the opposite buisness),
so I am looking for the other normal forums.

2.8 V6 I put on a Suzuki Vitara and 3.0 TD superdiesel the Nissan Patrol.

I finish gladly brag about the end result.

(Sorry for my english, I think is not bad?)

#10 · (Edited)
Twoj angielski jest trudny do zrozumienia, ale damy sobie z tym rade ;)
Did you try W210.pl ? I experience the attitude of Polish MB owners, but still lot of help available.
If you are swapping the engine to other car, you should get original wire harness and computers from donor car.
What transmission it originally had?
US models have transmission module "married" to engine module, so engine swapping alone usually is way above DIY skills.

#11 ·
At w210.pl not tolerate such changes engine to another car - a profanation

3.0 TD had automatic gearboxes but now is the manual of cdi, works well,

immobilizer changed emulator,
2.8 v6 is a Suzuki Vitara, along with the automatic transmission, I do not know if will work without abs, probably not.
(Originally 2.8 is automatic and so it will be in another car)

I know, I have all the beams from the motor to the controller and gearbox etc. I have the complete abs, but I think that somehow it removed.

I know the little things, it's not my first swap ,, previously built a w124 with 3.2 v6, bmw e30 with 4.4 v8, and e30 with 2.5 turbo, nissan patrol with 4.4 v8 from bmw, polish fiat 125p with 2.5r6 197hp from bmw.

Mercedes makes more problems than BMW engines in swap

#12 ·
There is Polish guy who converted W124 engine into electronic IP and digital transmission.
He had a blog somewhere, but can't find it in the moment.
If anybody knows first-hand how to do such things, he would be the one.
Will try to find links later tonight.

#14 ·
Hello, thank you very much Kajtek1, I just bought a 6-speed manual gearboxes with W210 2.4v6. changes it instead of my automatic transmission. Is the change of the motor (motor driver) will work great? automatic transmission is connected to the engine controller CAN, now it will not. I hope that the engine will not work in Safe Mode.

6 speed gearbox is from the end of production - after a facelift, it is as good as strong as 5 speed ??

The BMW is 2 boxes (the company) and it is said that Getrag this shit, ZF is the best armor, I hope that the Mercedes is no such thing as shit :D

Kajtek1 Ty jesteś polakiem ?

#22 ·
Yes - miska olejowa :p maybe "oil plate" is good ?

Sump = oil bowl = oil plate

I am looking for oil plate with "pot" for oil not in front of but in the back.
(szukam miski olejowej która ma "garnek" na olej nie z przodu przy kole pasowym a z tyłu silnika.)

Witek też polak ? niesamowite :D

#23 · (Edited)
Polacy sa na całym Swiecie.
Kilka lat temu szukałem hotelu dla psów w Las Vegas. Sa one dość drogie, wiec sprawdzałem rekomendacje i najlepszy, blisko centrum jest prowadzony przez Polke.
2 dni temu kupowałem bouta ;) na ogromnej aukcji. Starsza pani w okienku zaczęła mówić ze mną po polsku. Troche łamała, jako ze w domu mówią po angielsku, ale wyraźnie miała frajde przypominając sobie polszczyznę.
Inna dwuznaczność slow w jerzykach jest bardzo trudna do nauczenia się.
W angielskim mówi się przykładowo "widziałem to NA telewizji" - mając na myśli program a nie waze na telewizorze.
W polskim "klucz" możne być maszynowy albo do zamka. W angielskim masz "wrench" i "key" (to samo z "miska" która ma inna nazwę przy samochodach)
Tak czy inaczej masz okazje doszlifować swój angielski.
Powodzenia.

#24 ·
I have a question, All version w210 (3.2/2.8/2.4) have a fuel tank pressure sensor? I ask because I can't find it.

There are no wires in the wiring of the motor controller, It's strange because, injection panel has input fuel but no return. fuel pump doesn't burn? There is only the mass from the motor controller to the relay fuel pump. and not have a charcoal filter in giver car(and no wires in the ECU)

#26 ·
Just read through this thread....whew.

Now, wiring diagram should be identical between all variety of M112 engine variants -- with respect to regional emission standards....if one area emission standard is lax enough not to require a secondary air pump, then the wiring diagram won't include it.

But for the most part, you can use 3.2L M112 and it'll work in your case. Should be somewhere in the stickies.

Swapping a manual trans into M112 or OM606 will require the appropriate flywheel with magnet pickup/markers before engine will start. Now, if you grab the ECU from a later car, you could easily code the ECU to manual trans, which will make it ignore the fact that there's no input from TCU....check engine will be off as well.

If you're using the 1997 ECU, bad news: it might not be codeable, you'll have to connect the MB star to it and see if it has the option to change the transmission options.

M112 does not use a return fuel line -- it is a returnless fuel system, the fuel pressure regulator is built into the fuel filter. Any excess fuel pressure is routed back to the tank at the fuel filter.

#28 ·
Manual fuel pressure? Maybe, if you keep it close to the original fuel pressure regulator. If you start playing with it, the ECU will act up. It does not have fuel pressure sensor....the fuel pressure regulator in the fuel filter does all the work. Why don't you just use the original fuel filter, no need to fab your own regulator?

Missing purge valve WILL throw codes in the ECU. If you're going aftermarket ECU, like megasquirt or whatever, then no worries.

But keeping the factory ECU = keeping purge valve and other factory stuff to keep it happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.