Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 500SEC
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, there anyone know how i can remvove the orange spedometer needles, as mine are quite faded and i want to repaint em. Can i just pull it out and push it back in after i am done, because i have managed to take out the plastic cover aound the whole gauge. Thanks

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
joelsec - 3/2/2005 9:35 PM

Hi, there anyone know how i can remvove the orange spedometer needles, as mine are quite faded and i want to repaint em. Can i just pull it out and push it back in after i am done, because i have managed to take out the plastic cover aound the whole gauge. Thanks
Here's a link that shows you step by step in removing the cluster and on painting the needles:

http://tinyurl.com/7xmdp

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 500SEC
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks cnd, but can you confirm with me, can i pull the needles out, or paint em with them still stuck on the whole cluster, cause tt step by step thing never said anything about removing them. Thanks

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
joelsec - 3/2/2005 1:17 AM

hey thanks cnd, but can you confirm with me, can i pull the needles out, or paint em with them still stuck on the whole cluster, cause tt step by step thing never said anything about removing them. Thanks
I'm not completely sure, as I've never removed my cluster or painted my needles. But from the link it states you remove the instrument pods and paint the needles still in their pods. Don't forget to wash your hands before touching the pods and cover everything up before painting the needles.

Here’s another link. It’s for a W123 cluster but the info should still be applicable to the W126.

http://boostnbenz.1baddsm.com/ (Go to "DIY links", then "interior" and "repairing gauge needles."

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 500SEC
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot. Oh but arent your needles also faded. So i paint them with everything stuck on right? i thought you could just pull them out, then stick them back in like a clock. Thanks very much!

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
depends on the year of manufacture. 90% of the gauges have removable needles. sometime in the late 90s mbz decided to crimp the ends so the needles are not removable for those models.

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
joelsec - 3/2/2005 2:00 AM
Oh but arent your needles also faded.
Mine are still orange.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts