Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , sorry for bad english from norway here btw.I have a anoying speedometer problem 5 days ago it just blacked out , the needle stands at 0 and the numbers are still. i tried to change the speedometer to another uset one but no response and i tried 2 change the ovp for no use. Does anybody got some clues ? all the wires seem fine to.
hoping for good tips and thanx btw :)

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
Have you checked the fuses responsible for the instrument cluster?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi , i looked at all the fuses under the hood and in the corner off the hood , and at the trunk. are there any spesial fuses for the speedo for w202?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found somekind of sensor on the diff , think its the abs\speed sensor so maybe i should try replace it whit a new one but it expensive here in norway hehe , i was hoping that somebody maybe has a simular problem and the sensor was the cause?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello again, have talked with three diffrent people working on mercedes workshop, and they say it can not be the speedometer sensor ,because the abs wouldent work to. this becomes even more difficult to troubleshoot: S

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
problem solved.. After using many hours checking wires and relay and.senosor,cluster and mutch more i found the problem and it was a stupied problem hehe the cdplayer was f**** up some how it stole some of the power from the speedometer , so i removed the cdplayer and it all worked like nothing happand. very stupied problem solved :p

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
I'm happy for you and thanks for posting your solution.

ps.

Now you've gotten rid of the offending CD player, care to donate it?:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts