Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
03 vito 110 cdi van
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi speedo not working on 638 1:take off n/s front wheel look frow the wheel arch on the top of the gearbox see pics.

2:undo the 10mm bolt pull out the sensor cut the wire adout 12 inches up, open up the wire up one brown wire one white wire strip ends see pics.

3:connect new sensor wires brown to brown white to white.

4:push in new sensor do up the 10mm bolt see pics.

5 now you have a working speedo.

The new senor is call a pulse sender unit aka (speed sensor)
part number is (A 005 542 58 17) at mercs see pics

Its the speed sensor you need to replace not the clocks how many people have changed the clocks and still no speedo.

Attachments

·
Registered
mercedes vito 108 cdi exrac van 2000
4 Posts
shot down where i stand

got intouch with my local MERTRUX only to be shocked by the price of a small part..after 3 attempts of explaining what i want(and these being SKILLED) SALES) actually got the price for a speed sensor/pulse sender unit a shocking £157.00+vat
and this is no garantee its the sender unit
i did find to bare parts on the sender unit wire which i have reinsulated..i pretty sure the cluster is ok as all gauges work fuel temp and rev..and if i move the speed needle it resets back to zero
i just do want to fork out nearly £200 and find its a waste..
CAN ANYONE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME IF THERES A FUSE OR RELAY I CAN TRY FIRST..as the sender unit on the van has been changed before by the looks of it as it has been rejoined

·
Registered
2016 Vito 116 Bluetec
236 Posts
Having gone this path myself over a year ago and that also included changing the cluster, which was from a different model, the auctal sensor was the culprit and not the cluster....

Regards,

Sam

·
Registered
110CDi Vito
79 Posts
I did mine and still had no joy. Unfortunately mine is the speedo. Sent it off to cluster repairs.

Mate of mine though did buy new clocks from MB..:eek: had them fitted etc and mileage correction done....Over £780 and it still didn't work. Turned out it was the sensor on his. Needless to say, MB wouldn't refund him.

·
Registered
vito 110 cdi 2000 x-reg
5 Posts
hi thanks for info and pics still cant find the sensor anywhere though. got a X-reg vito 110cdi is it possible that the sensor is anywhere else have tried all i can think of. dont want to spend out on cluster repair till ive ruled out sensor. Any Ideas??

·
Registered
2000 108CDI, 2007 120 CDI long, Suzuki K5 GSXR track bike, 2005 Kawasaki ZX10R
1,423 Posts
Hi ya, as long as its not an auto then its there, the box on the vito hasn't changed on them untill the 639 in 03/04. Just take the passenger wheel off and look at the end of the gearbox towards the back and you will see it, if it is not there maybe thats the problem

Cheers Martin

·
Registered
2002 112CDI Auto
5 Posts
Had a go at this and couldn't find the sensor in this position. No wonder....

Mine is an auto, my speedo dosen't work.
Hoping my fix will be this straightforward , so can anyone tell me where I find the sensor for my van?

tia, cheers , vince

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i sell a few vito's and have a speed sensor problem on a w reg 112 cdi, now i have two 110 cdi one with abs and one with out also the 112 cdi has abs. i can find the speed sensor on the 110 cdi without the abs but the two with abs just have a blanking plate held in by a 10 mm bolt so where do i find the speed sensor on the 112 cdi as this has the no needle movement problem. Thanks

·
Registered
A clas A160 year 2000 , V class V230 , 1999 , E class 1998 E240
73 Posts
V class speed sender

Hi I have a v class 638.294 year 1999 , I can't locate the speed sender on the gearbox . I have taken a picture of the gearbox and attached it , help!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts