Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed a sub in my clk430, and it is tapping into one of the rear stock subs behind the back seats, but the speed sensitive volume control is making it impossible to adjust the gain to the correct level. at stop, the car sounds great, but then on the freeway, there is way too much bass. does anyone know if you can access the bose amps and if it is easy to turn off the speeed sensitive feature? i know the dealer can do it for u, but is it an easy fix i can do myself? thanks

·
Registered
2001 CLK55 AMG
40 Posts
Speed sensitive volume

Im curious about this as well, one less trip to the dealer for something that can be simple would be great

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,241 Posts
I believe the speed sensitive volume in your car is in the head unit, not in the amplifier...

I believe the speed sensitive volume in your car is in the head unit, not in the amplifier. So, cut pin A1 going to the radio.

-s-

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,241 Posts
Depending on your head unit, this may be programmable (but it might not be).

Let us k...

Depending on your head unit, this may be programmable (but it might not be).

Let us know how it goes!

-s-

·
Registered
00 S500,99 4wgn,87TD
579 Posts
Re: I believe the speed sensitive volume in your car is in the head unit, not in the ampli

I believe the speed sensitive volume in your car is in the head unit, not in the amplifier. So, cut pin A1 going to the radio.

-s-
or was it the red wire........

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,241 Posts
Re: Re: I believe the speed sensitive volume in your car is in the head unit, not in the a

-s-
or was it the red wire........
It's usually green... but may vary.

-s-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts