Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 E55
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
live in virginia, looking for a shop that is equiped to remove the speed limiter on my 2001 E55

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
on my supra all you had to do was pull the fuse... Im sure that its a little harder on t...

on my supra all you had to do was pull the fuse... Im sure that its a little harder on the benz ;)

·
Registered
I'm surrounded ;)
12 Posts
Zaya,

If you have the budget go stand-alone engine control management. ;) Theoritical...

Zaya,

If you have the budget go stand-alone engine control management. ;) Theoritically, you can bypass the fuel cut by playing with the voltage... Apex'I USA's S-AFC might be able to "trick" it.

·
Registered
2001 E55
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[:D]Thanks for the help but it appears that the E55 speed limiter is through the compute...

[:D]Thanks for the help but it appears that the E55 speed limiter is through the computer. It is in the speedodometer sensor located in the left front wheel (part of the ABS sensor)the computer has to be fooled into never knowing that it has reached the predetermined (by MB)speed and therefore not shutting down the spark and fuel supply. I have been told Renntech can remap the computer. Anyone done this???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts