Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 E63; 2003 CLK55 (sold)
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently became a proud owner of '03 CLK55 with the factory Comand Bose system. I have recently acquired all new speakers; amplifiers and subwoofers but would like to keep the Comand headunit. Sadly, I recently heard that the Bose system may malfunction or over compensate in volume adjustment due to the DRO (Audiopilot) and speed-dependent volume control with an after-market system. I have on two separate occasions visited my MB dealer asking them to disable these features. However, to my dismay, they informed me that they could only disable the speed-dependent volume controln (questionable) but not the DRO that adjusts via an internal microphone. Thus, my question is whether these features can be altered in order to NOT produce erratic volume levels with the added subwoofers and upgraded power. I have been searching and reading numerous forums and boards but no one thus far has addressed these issues. I would greatly appreciate ANY information or advice concerning these matters because I have already purchased all my equipment and am heart set on making them work. Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
2002 C320 Wagon
76 Posts
There has been a long discussion of this on MBWORLD.ORG which includes instructions for di...

There has been a long discussion of this on MBWORLD.ORG which includes instructions for disabling the microphone.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kal! I tried searching MBWORLD.ORG regarding the instructions but was unsuccessfu...

Thanks Kal! I tried searching MBWORLD.ORG regarding the instructions but was unsuccessful. I was hoping you may have a link or maybe recall where the discussion was located exactly. Any further info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
CLK 55 AMG '03
136 Posts
I recently became a proud owner of '03 CLK55 with the factory Comand Bose system. I have recently acquired all new speakers; amplifiers and subwoofers but would like to keep the Comand headunit.

What are the extra items that you have purchased? Were you not happy with the Bose set up? I had'nt ordered the Bose as an option & was regretting same. Perhaps you can give some tips on upgrading sound quality...as I am not at all happy with the factory installed audio system in my 209.

cheers.

·
Registered
2002 C320 Wagon
76 Posts
See here:
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35129&highlight=bos...

See here:
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35129&highlight=bose+disable

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Kal! Found the sight and found the wires to disconnect the mic and it WORKED. I a...

Thanks Kal! Found the sight and found the wires to disconnect the mic and it WORKED. I am so relieved that I can now add my system.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Regarding the factory MB Bose system, I was pretty disappointed to say the least. The bass...

Regarding the factory MB Bose system, I was pretty disappointed to say the least. The bass was weak and the highs seemed flat. The only plus was the GPS Comand head unit. Regarding sound quality I am changing all the highs with Boston Z's, adding two Xtant amplifiers, two 10" Xtant subs in a custom plexiglass 7th order bandbass inclosure ported through the rear deck. Should be clean sound yet slam when I want to! (Hopefully)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts