Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the specs for the Bose system in this car? I'm looking for stuff like power of amps, number of amps, quality of speakers (are they paper?), etc.<br>
<br>
Also, does anyone know if their is a way to increase the gain to the bassbox? I know you can increase bass in the stereo but it would be nice to turn the amp up on the bassbox a tad.<br>
<br>
Thanks in advance,<br>
<br>
- Mike

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As for the quality of the system, let's just say that Mercedes spent the absolute minimum required to use the Bose name.<br> <br> The bass module seems to be wired to the rear speakers. By experimentation, I found that setting the fader to the rear increases the volume of the bass module. Setting the fader all the way to the front seems to reduce the volume of the bass module to zero.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just recently revamped the whole system in my C230. I ordered the car with the Bose System and I'm glad I did, even though I ended up replacing and adding some things..I don't know if you bought the car yet, but there are 8 speakers, one 8inch woofer, one center speaker, two tweeters and 4 in door.<br> <br> I think the speakers in the door can handle 200 watts, but the ohms need to be less than 2. Those speakers are absolutely crystal clear at the loudest levels. Even the tweeters, which I'm almost certain are paper. <br> <br> There is only one amp, 100 watts I believe, which basically powers the 8 inch sub over the right wheel well..<br> <br> I was really dissapointed with the quality of the system overall(bass and treble control is awful). Although Bose is not meant for powerful play, and it does provide even bass all the time, just not enough punch for me. You need to max out the stereo just to feel some bass.<br> <br> For about $1100 you can revamp everything but the speakers, which are great, that is unless you ordered the timeport, phone etc..which all run throught the head unit.<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<br>
<br>
I suggest you visit the Bose automotive website... it is very good and explains the bose concept and system. It is very informative

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Bose system is all about making cheap components sound good by using complicated solid state electronics. <br> <br> So the amplifiers and crossovers are not high-quality brute force super powerful things. They are highly tuned to get the best sound out of cheap speakers. <br> <br> This is why if you change out the speakers with something better, it's not going to improve the sound. <br> <br>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts