Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
ML350
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sat down with my local dealer to go over options and build time on a 2013 the way we want it. My wife and I like the burl walnut interior much better than the other option, but it's not available with MB Tex, so we upgraded to leather at $1620.

The only thing my wife said is "DON"T GET BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR"!! so I opted for the grey ash. Well apparently, the factory doesn't have leather??? until the end of the year?? and the computer spit out the only option as SPECIAL ORDER CODE 258 which is what the dealer told me is a sport edition interior with grey leather and black dash board instead of grey ash leather and dark gray dash board. The printout from the specs lists only Grey/Black leather which is getting me in hot water with the wife if you know what I mean.

Now if leather isn't available until the end of the year, how can they offer, Black and Grey leather interior? Does that make any sense? What exactly is the grey part and what is the black part?

The public doesn't have access to see this on line as there are no 2013 MLBT to view, so I could only see a small image on the dealer's screen, but it's hard to tell.

Fabris can you help on this one???

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,127 Posts
"Gray/Black leather"

I sat down with my local dealer to go over options and build time on a 2013 the way we want it. My wife and I like the burl walnut interior much better than the other option, but it's not available with MB Tex, so we upgraded to leather at $1620.

The only thing my wife said is "DON"T GET BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR"!! so I opted for the grey ash. Well apparently, the factory doesn't have leather??? until the end of the year?? and the computer spit out the only option as SPECIAL ORDER CODE 258 which is what the dealer told me is a sport edition interior with grey leather and black dash board instead of grey ash leather and dark gray dash board. The printout from the specs lists only Grey/Black leather which is getting me in hot water with the wife if you know what I mean.

Now if leather isn't available until the end of the year, how can they offer, Black and Grey leather interior? Does that make any sense? What exactly is the grey part and what is the black part?

The public doesn't have access to see this on line as there are no 2013 MLBT to view, so I could only see a small image on the dealer's screen, but it's hard to tell.
Gray/black leather is a misnomer. The leather is gray, and the door panels, dash and console are black, instead of gray. You can see the difference in the two pages from the 2012 dealer order guide.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 ML550; 2011 535i; 2006 Z51 Corvette
3 Posts
Gray/black leather is a misnomer. The leather is gray, and the door panels, dash and console are black, instead of gray. You can see the difference in the two pages from the 2012 dealer order guide.
I agree with GregW's comments...and further....I very recently took delivery of a MY13 ML with this exact color combination leather interior, so your dealer's comments that it is not available till YE is very suspect to me.

·
Registered
ML350
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Greg, it really illustrates the differences in the two interiors with the A pillar being black vs. grey and a change in the door grab handles being different in each package.

The SA was right because I checked in with another dealer and the computer would not let us imput the grey leather option. However, when we put in the special order code 258 with black and grey, it allowed it to go through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts